News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Moved forum to new server... quick question...

Started by 2babies=tired, September 09, 2010, 06:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2babies=tired

Hi,

All is good with the move except uploaded avatars are not displaying on new server. Everything was transferred successfully, so I am assuming a setting somewhere needs updating with the avatar directory path. Can't find it in 'theme settings'.

Any suggestions as to where I make this change please?

Thanks

Elle

gbsothere

Hi!   :)

Place the attached file in your forum's root and point your browser to it.  (Example: website.com/forum/repair_settings.com.)  Check your settings, paths and URLs against the suggested ones.  Click the links to make changes, then save your changes, remove the file from your server and try again.

(This will not change paths for most mods.  You will need to do those manually.)

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

2babies=tired

Hi :)

Thanks but I used the repair settings file to do the transfer and I made all the changes at the time. Just to double check that I changed all the directories, I uploaded it again and had a look and all the paths are correct  ???

I have noticed that in the attachments dir, all the members avatars are saved as ***.png.tmp - do you have to change the file to make it just a png before you upload it to the new server?

Thanks 

Elle

2babies=tired

Ok the problem was using FileZilla to download the files in the first place. Found the fix here by AncientDragonfly

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=374178.msg2566147#msg2566147

Advertisement: