News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Unprocessed bbcode - need to rebuild posts?

Started by Outrack, September 10, 2010, 04:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outrack

I've recently converted from using vBulletin 3.8 to SMF 2.0 RC3 and the transition went smoothly, but I've now noticed that in some older posts the bbcode in both messages and signatures haven't processed and act as if they was surrounded in [nobbc] tags. I can get them to display correctly by clicking "edit" and submitting without any changes, but it's very time-consuming to do search and do this for all affected posts - is there a way to somehow rebuild the posts and fix them all at once?

You can find an example on http://ashtear.net/forum/index.php?topic=535.msg12216 lower down on the page. The error log hasn't caught anything unusual and I've already tried backing up and restoring the database, and this doesn't seem to affect any new posts...

Outrack

Got it! Looks like SimplePortal conflicted with one of the mods I installed and caused a problem in the Subs.php file, I installed a clean copy of the forum locally and reinstalled all mods starting with SimplePortal, and simply copied the new Subs.php over.

Advertisement: