News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Can't login as admin

Started by digitalfever, September 10, 2010, 06:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalfever

Whenever I tried to login as admin (mysite.com/index.php?action=admin) the only message show "You should fill in a username". I tried many times but it always show this message. Please help.

rd

Clear your browser cache and cookies then relogin and click the admin tab.

digitalfever

Thanks for reply, I have tried this but not success.  I have two sites installing SMF and both have same problems. What should I do now?

Joker™

Have you tried another browser?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

digitalfever

Yes, I tried also in Google Chrome.

gbsothere

Just running a search here with "deleted admin" (in quotes) I see several incidents of this happening (i.e., deleting admin user name).  You may not have deleted it, but you're being asked for it. 

Here is one suggestion:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=379453.msg2610790#msg2610790

:)

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

digitalfever

Yet, I can't resolved my problem. Admin profile is exist "hxxp:mysite.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1 [nonactive]" but can't login as admin.

gbsothere

Have you tried using the "Forgot password" link and requesting that a new password be sent to your email address (and not to your username)?  Also, try registering a new account and see if you get any errors.
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

You can reinstall and create new admin upon reinstallation too.

Acans

Just making sure I'm fully onboard.

Can you or can't you login to your admin account at all, or just not the admin center?

If you cannot login at all, and forgot your password doesn't work for some reason, run the following query in PHPmyadmin.

UPDATE smf_members SET passwd = MD5( 'test' ) WHERE ID_MEMBER=1

That will change your admin account password to test.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Advertisement: