News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Changing Username

Started by KensonPlays, September 10, 2010, 07:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KensonPlays

I already changed the Display name because he had some Japanese text in his username, but it shows up blocks and wierd special characters, I would like to change it so he can log in. How would I do this?

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

When you change the username as an administrator, it will send the user an email automatically. You can't change the name and yet let him in the forum with his old login. It is like having two users for the same profile/account. (Well technically you can with a hell lot of complex codes, but this is simpler, just let the email do the job.)

madman71

I dont have a fix, but i ***THINK*** that might be a browser issue.  Try a different browser and then see if the characters still show up.

KensonPlays

Thanks flamer.

Madman, I have the latest of Google Chrome, Google Chromium, Opera, Safari, Firefox 3.6.x, Firefox 4 beta, and IE (8).

madman71

and do all of those browsers show those characters?

KensonPlays

Do you want me to open every single one and slow my computer down? for sure Opera, Google Chrome and Chromium, I don't know about safari or IE, but Firefox displays them, I think.

KensonPlays

Also, I forgot how to deactivate a account, I am deactivating members WHO NEVER logged in from more than 90 days ago.

madman71

Quote from: Kcmartz on September 10, 2010, 07:56:50 PM
Do you want me to open every single one and slow my computer down? for sure Opera, Google Chrome and Chromium, I don't know about safari or IE, but Firefox displays them, I think.

ohhh no, just view your site with another browser and see if you still get those characters.

KensonPlays

i cant anymore today im on my phone, the phone browser SEEMS to work (Opera Mini)

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

staktas

Quote from: (F.L.A.M.E.R) on September 10, 2010, 07:42:19 PM
When you change the username as an administrator, it will send the user an email automatically. You can't change the name and yet let him in the forum with his old login. It is like having two users for the same profile/account. (Well technically you can with a hell lot of complex codes, but this is simpler, just let the email do the job.)

I have problem too. I changed my username as administrator, but there were no e-mail on my account. No i don't know password, and don't get it in e-mail. Can't login in forum :/

Joker™

Quote from: staktas on September 19, 2010, 03:32:07 AM
I have problem too. I changed my username as administrator, but there were no e-mail on my account. No i don't know password, and don't get it in e-mail. Can't login in forum :/
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=400028.msg2783214#msg2783214

also is email feature enabled for your forum ?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

staktas

Advertisement: