News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Banning options

Started by Reefie, September 11, 2010, 07:41:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reefie

I have set up some email bans,as they are being used by spammers.However if I add a new ban trigger ie *@*there.com it is accepted into the bans,but people can still sign up using the mails that are banned,any ideas please ?

A world without a reef is a world in chaos

YogiBear

Instead of    *@*there.com

Try   *@*.blah

And/or    *.*.*.blah

(where blah is the e-mail server you want to block)

Trying a mass ban on a .com or .net would block folk you want to join.

But if there is someone particularly troublesome using a .com or .net it is safer to block them individually anyway.

SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Reefie

yeah I added the full stop in the ban list address but still lets the address be used,I also banned all.info's and the same thing,weird

Reefie

rebooted and in ie tried to sign up using a banned email,it worked,however every time I try to log in now in ie it says I am banned but firefox lets me in.Deleted all cookies,cache etc,any ideas ?

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: Reefie on September 11, 2010, 07:41:39 AM
I have set up some email bans,as they are being used by spammers.However if I add a new ban trigger ie *@*there.com it is accepted into the bans,but people can still sign up using the mails that are banned,any ideas please ?
The correct ban trigger is as the sample i.e. Ban on Email Address (e.g. *@badsite.com) IMHO may be this is the reason why your *@*there.com ban doesn't trigger when the [email protected] register. Try and follow the sample. E.g. put *@there.com instead of the one you are using currently.

And, for another check, what is your ban restriction settings? Is it a full ban or partial? If it is partial, have you enabled the Cannot register button?

See if that solve your problem.

Reefie

sorry meant to mark this as solved

Advertisement: