News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

copyright link or powered by text

Started by stephenb, September 11, 2010, 09:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenb

Is it anyway possible without violation of license of license agreement change or modify or remove the below lines from any smf board

Powered by SMF 2.0 RC3 | SMF © 2006–2010, Simple Machines LLC

Please let me know

Kays

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

stephenb

But what if I dont want to show users that I am using a RC version "Powered by SMF 2.0 RC3"

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: stephenb on September 11, 2010, 09:46:27 AM
But what if I dont want to show users that I am using a RC version "Powered by SMF 2.0 RC3"
Basically - if you had read the long answer, you would know that you are allow to edit the version ( by editing index.php ).
BUT - doing that may end up with you having trouble in using mods and updates in the future.

EDIT: Sorry, it seems that's actually not mentioned in the doc o_O

Well, you are allowed to edit the VERSION, and the Version only.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kays

My bad, I really should read the docs.  :-[

I thought that there was a mod which removed the version number. But I can't seem to find it on the mod site.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: