News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Inactive Users

Started by Galaxy Computers, September 11, 2010, 01:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galaxy Computers

I have alot of inactive users haven't been online and do any posting for a very long time. Like for an example:

User 1: haven't been online for 350 days 17 post.
User 2: haven't been online for 464 days 0 post.
User 3: haven't been online for 478 days 0 post.

what is the best way to encorage them to come back. Instead of sending them email of how long they haven't been to the forum. Is there a mod for this?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Morris Technologies Computer Support Forum

TheListener

This is more of a Build your own community topic than a support topic.

There is nothing you can do other than place them in an inactive group if you don't want to delete them although if they have been that long inactive i would go ahead and say bye bye to them.

YogiBear

There are a few mods but you may need to check they work on 2.0

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=search;basic_search=inactive

I've an idea this can be done already in 2.0 but will check.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Galaxy Computers

I was using the Auto Email Inactive Users 1.7 version but it is installed on the SMF 2.0 RC3 version and there is no green dot in the Package Broswer in the Admin area. 

BTW,,, when I install this mod I get this error:

Table 'hkeaton_mtsupport.members' doesn't exist
File: /home/hkeaton/public_html/support/forums/Packages/temp/2b3-dbmodify.php
Line: 19
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: mtechama on September 11, 2010, 06:42:07 PM
I was using the Auto Email Inactive Users 1.7 version but it is installed on the SMF 2.0 RC3 version and there is no green dot in the Package Broswer in the Admin area. 

BTW,,, when I install this mod I get this error:

Table 'hkeaton_mtsupport.members' doesn't exist
File: /home/hkeaton/public_html/support/forums/Packages/temp/2b3-dbmodify.php
Line: 19

Their may have been a php file with the modification which might not have been applied, they usually install the tables or columns that are needed for the mod to work.

Sometimes you can upload them to you site and direct your browser to them, sometimes you need to manually apply the queries.

This could be the issues since it seems the tables do not exist.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Galaxy Computers

so you think I need to unzip the actual zip file and manually upload it through my FTP client instead of through the forum itself?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: mtechama on September 11, 2010, 10:22:04 PM
so you think I need to unzip the actual zip file and manually upload it through my FTP client instead of through the forum itself?

Well..

I am assuming that your tables are not their since that is what the error says, if you go to the modsite, you will see the file responsible for creating the tables, its usually at the bottom of the parser.
That file you would upload via FTP and run it (direct your browser to it) this should create the tables in your database, sometimes it does not run as a standalone, sometimes it does, if it does not you need to get the queries and manually run them in phpmyadmin.

Lets start simple though.

Uninstall the mod, then install it again, lets see if that helps 1st since its the simplest fix.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Galaxy Computers

Well I have uninstalled it then deleted it and then re-installed its still gave me the same error.
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Could you go to phpmyadmin (usually a icon/link in your cpanel at your webhosts site) and check to see if the table does exist?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Galaxy Computers

ok,, I just checked in my db it has a table of hkeaton_mtsupport.smf_members that is all
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Galaxy Computers

So do I need to change my existing table: "smf_members" to just "members"?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

No, nothing like that.

It appears that the hkeaton_mtsupport is a column in the members table, I would check inside the smf_members table and see if that column is in their, if its not you may have too add it manually.
If it is, I would remove the column manually, then attempt to install the mod again.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Galaxy Computers

check and see what is in what column?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

open up the table and check the columns, it should be at the top, likely on the right side, look for "hkeaton_mtsupport" on the top right of the table

SMF 2.0 RC5

Galaxy Computers

Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on September 12, 2010, 11:07:37 AM
No, nothing like that.

It appears that the hkeaton_mtsupport is a column in the members table, I would check inside the smf_members table and see if that column is in their, if its not you may have too add it manually.If it is, I would remove the column manually, then attempt to install the mod again.

:)

Be sure to backup your database before making edits ;)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Galaxy Computers

This mod use to work on 1.1.x versions and it doesn't work on the latest version 2.0 RC3..
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

xenovanis

Do you still need help with this, mtechama?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Galaxy Computers

Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

xenovanis

So, I found this mod which is compatible with 2.0 Beta 3.1 Public. Someone put the effort to make it compatible with RC3, as it seems here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=238929.msg2679030#msg2679030

Still, if you get any errors, I can only advise you to wait until an official update is released.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Galaxy Computers

Thank you, I have it working now.
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

xenovanis

Great :)

I'll mark this solved then.

Advertisement: