Got this error now what?

Started by crazycanuck 4, September 11, 2010, 01:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazycanuck 4

Table './evilone_ccsmfcc2009/smf_log_online' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
File: /home/evilone/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2624   

TheListener

Can you give more information please.

Which mod you installed? Errors on install? Theme used?

Also can you copy and paste the error line with at least five lines before and after showing.

The more information given the more likely the help given.

crazycanuck 4

That is all that is showing .Sry I'm very noobish at this stuff.But just tell me where to look or where I can put a ticket in and I'll do it. As f or now tho every time I try and something this is the error code I get. TY

gbsothere

If you're unable to fix this by using "Find And Repair" (forum maintenance) then log into your phpMYAdmin.  Select your database, place a check by all your tables and, from the pulldown, select "Check Tables".  Then, if you see one that is crashed, select "Repair Tables".  When you are done, place a check by all of the tables again and select "Optimize".  Then see if you're still getting the error.

:)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

crazycanuck 4

TheListener

Either through your Control Panel or via ftp.

Don't worry I hate technobabble myself  :-[

gbsothere

Quote from: Brack1 on September 11, 2010, 02:15:28 PM
Either through your Control Panel or via ftp.

Don't worry I hate technobabble myself  :-[

*laughing @ "technobabble"*

@ crazycanuck4:  Just log into your host-provided control panel.  You should see MySQL (unless you use MsSQL).  You should also see phpMyAdmin.  There, you will find your database. 

If you feel nervous about doing this, why not give your server a call and tell them that this table is crashed?  Perhaps they will do this repair for you?   :)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

crazycanuck 4

Well I guess I`ll wait cause I can`t access anything except for the front page.

gbsothere

Quote from: crazycanuck 4 on September 11, 2010, 05:59:30 PM
Well I guess I`ll wait cause I can`t access anything except for the front page.

The front page of your forum?   Or do you mean you can't access your host-provided control panel? (That's not the same as your forum admin panel.  The one I mentioned comes with your hosting service.)

:)

crazycanuck 4

try going to hxxp:crazycanuck.cc [nonactive] I cannot access anything.

gbsothere

Quote from: crazycanuck 4 on September 11, 2010, 06:08:13 PM
try going to crazycanuck.cc I cannot access anything.

The site comes up beautifully for me.  Have you tried it with different browsers?  Maybe dump your cache and cookies and try again? 

I know you say you have a crashed table but the site itself is coming up for me.    Deer with rifles, right?   :)

Your portal comes up fine, but clicking on the forum button shows the database error.  Would you like some help repairing the table?

crazycanuck 4

gbsothere

Quote from: crazycanuck 4 on September 11, 2010, 06:12:34 PM
Moose ..lol  Try and register :-X

Moose!  HA!   I know I'm getting old but how I got "Deer" out of that, I have no idea.   :D

Well, your portal comes up fine, but clicking on the forum button shows the database error.  Who is your host?

crazycanuck 4

I thought Simple Machine was....loool

gbsothere

Quote from: crazycanuck 4 on September 11, 2010, 06:25:36 PM
I thought Simple Machine was....loool

:D

No, I mean who do you pay your Internet bill to, every month?  Who is your domain hosting provider?  When you became their customer, they should have provided you with a "control panel" that allows you to access your account and your domain.  That is where you need to go to repair this.  I've PMd you, as well.   ;)

crazycanuck 4

Really appreaciate your help bro I think it was godaddy

gbsothere

Quote from: crazycanuck 4 on September 11, 2010, 06:31:14 PM
Really appreaciate your help bro I think it was godaddy

Okay, that's where we need to start.  I'd give GoDaddy a call, or maybe look through your old emails that you got from them when you opened your account and find out how to access your GoDaddy control panel.  Actually, if you call them, they can probably give your your log in details.  Once you get those, we can sort this (but don't post there here, publicly).   :)

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Their should be an option for this in your mysql settings area in your hosts cpanel, "repair database", this should fix a crashed table.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Advertisement: