News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Members Help

Started by sageofmali, September 11, 2010, 05:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sageofmali

So, I host on godaddy and I couldn't upgrade 1.1.5 to 2.0, so I made a new forum. /forum   Now I want to move my members and everything to the new forum.  How do I do this?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

You will need to upgrade the database still.

Their are several ways you can do this, this is one.

Upload the upgrade package over your current installation.
Also download repair_settings.php then run it and setup your old database configuration, your not done yet.

After that you can direct your browser to upgrade.php, then run that too, you should be done at this point.

How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?
What is repair_settings.php?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

sageofmali

******ed up, whatever.  I just madea TOS as my home pagew. so people get redirected to /forum.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Do you still need assistance with this?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: sageofmali on September 11, 2010, 05:35:27 PM
So, I host on godaddy and I couldn't upgrade 1.1.5 to 2.0, so I made a new forum. /forum   Now I want to move my members and everything to the new forum.  How do I do this?

At the surface I can see that your upgrade approach is quite inappropriate. You should be upgrading from 1.1.5 to 1.1.11 first and make sure everything is working fine before upgrading to 2.0. If you have followed this steps, IMHO, you don't have to create a new homepage and later redirect to your forum.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

If you still have both forums, intact then yes, if not and you have overwritten your smf 1 files with the smf 2 upgrade files, then it will be your only choice.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Advertisement: