News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Parse Error, Settings.php, Line 62 unexpected "}"

Started by KensonPlays, September 12, 2010, 09:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KensonPlays

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/content/k/c/m/kcm93/html/Settings.php on line 62

I just did a large upgrade and so far so good, installing Dream Portal then kicked this error. Please help. Thanks

EDIT: Settings.php attached

TheListener

It helps if you copy and paste the error line plus a few lines from above and below so we can see what the lines say.

Are you expecting a mind reader to help?

::)

KensonPlays

rd

Why am I not surprised that you are installing DP?

Anyways, if I'm not mistaken settings.php doesn't get replaces with full upgrade, my solution would be for you to download a SMF 2.0 rc3 and get a brand new settings.php from there, then you can compare those lines and see if your copy matches the new copy. It shouldn'tx if you are getting that error. Make it match by deleting anything extra you have.

I'm on phone so I can't look at your settings.php attachment.

gbsothere

Do not attach your Settings.php file, please.   :)   Only post the line associated with the error, if it holds no sensitive information.

I downloaded it and I'm looking at it, Kcmartz, but don't post it here; that's leaving you very vulnerable.

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

rd

gbsothere is correct, by the way gbsothere, congrats on your new position, green badge will suit you nicely.   

KensonPlays

Fixed it, this was mising:

if (file_exists(dirname(__FILE__) . '/install.php'))
{

gbsothere

Quote from: Royalduke on September 12, 2010, 09:51:09 PM
gbsothere is correct, by the way gbsothere, congrats on your new position, green badge will suit you nicely.

Thanks, Royalduke!   :D

I'm trying to keep the "things that go bump in the night" from taking over his forum.    ;)

@ Kcmartz:

I'm going to PM you something I see in your Settings.php and ask you about it, since it's a bit out of the ordinary.

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

KensonPlays

gbsothere

Quote from: Kcmartz on September 12, 2010, 09:52:41 PM
Fixed it, this was mising:

if (file_exists(dirname(__FILE__) . '/install.php'))
{

Re: my last post

The bit just before that is what I was referring to.   Glad you got it sorted.   ;)

KensonPlays

Well it fixed it, I tried installing dp NO errors, and now I get 500 errors every single page load. It will not stop. :( I really want to try dp!

rd

Glad to see it's fixed!

gbsothere, you deserve the position man, I've seen the support you've given *thumbs up*

There were times where I reply with solution and find out you replied already and gave a solution :P

KensonPlays

gbsothere

Quote from: Kcmartz on September 12, 2010, 09:59:00 PM
Well it fixed it, I tried installing dp NO errors, and now I get 500 errors every single page load. It will not stop. :( I really want to try dp!

I'm curious about the string I saw in your Settings.php, Kcmartz.  It's not native to that file.  Did you add that?  Does Dream Portal really edit your Settings.php?   

gbsothere

Quote from: Royalduke on September 12, 2010, 09:59:46 PM
Glad to see it's fixed!

gbsothere, you deserve the position man, I've seen the support you've given *thumbs up*

There were times where I reply with solution and find out you replied already and gave a solution :P

I appreciate that!  (It's just that, since I'm retired, this is about as exciting as my life gets.)    :D

rd

Kcmartz, I've installed DP on a live site without any problem.

Maybe you should try doing the full upgrade again? Don't see any other solution for 500 error. But I will highly recommend a clean install of SMF with the same DB, because your settings.php is messed up. Sorry I can't check since I'm on phone, not much hands on help, sorry.

KensonPlays

rd

KensonPlays

Yes, I am uploading a fresh install again ill use same DB. (I'm ftp'ing through my phone :P and ill get db info and make a note of it for later (godaddy hostname isn't localhost I hate that, its like dbname.db.457324.something.hostedresource.com which is real annoying.)

nend

Your getting a 500 backup your .htaccess and then delete it. Does that resolve the error, if so then something is wrong with your .htaccess. If something is wrong with your .htaccess can you please post the file here. GoDaddy does things a little differently in this area. ;)

Advertisement: