Please help with Newsletter Option

Started by Nicollett, September 12, 2010, 11:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicollett

I am the owner of www.goattalk.com/forum and I have tried both ways of sending out a News Letter via SMF over the past 2 days. Both times all of the coding shows up on the News Letter received by my members. It is terribly embrassing to say the least. What can I do?

This is what I sent, and all of the coding was visible to the readers. What am I doing wrong?

Quotequote author=GoatTalker link=topic=25542.msg283326#msg283326 date=1284135133]
GoatTalk News

September 2010 Contest

Quote from: GoatTalker on September 10, 2010, 12:09:11 PM
Guess the number between 1-1500, and win a free month of advertising at the top of GoatTalk. Each person gets 3 tries to guess the number. The person that comes closest to the number without going over it, wins.

We are working together
Quote from: GoatTalker on June 13, 2009, 02:33:24 PM
In the world of the Internet, the ranking of a page is determined by how many hits/visits it gets daily. So here's my thought, I can use this post to list member web sites, and each day, we can visit this post and click on each link and then back here. That way, we will be helping each other rise through the ranks. What do you think?

www.bowlerfarms.com
www.lilhillfarm.com
www.bluebirdacres.com
www.rockstarhoops.com
www.thunderhillfarms.com
www.kgwfarms.com
www.gardenngoat.com
www.mathiotsparadise.com

your website will go here
and on, and on.

In order to be added to the list, all you do is reply to this thread with your site address, I'll move the site up here, and delete your post.

A question about Mini Breeds
Quote from: Sinorejas on September 10, 2010, 04:01:45 PM
Do Nigis have the reputation for being loud?  I know that Nubians do, and I guess it varies from goat to goat of ANY breed, but MAN!! - I'll tell ya.....................those 3 Mini-Manchas are the smallest members of our herd, but also the loudest!  How can something 1/3 - 1/2 the size of the others make so much noise!!  :lmao3: :lmao3:
Goat Talk Wish List
Quote from: GoatTalker on September 06, 2010, 12:01:19 PM
We are working behind the scenes to bring more functions to the board, and while we are at it, I'm wondering if any of you would like to see specific features?

A MUST SEE video, even if you are on dial up-it is worth the hassle. Please view this film, it can change everything about the way you view our country. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlfEdJNn15E

Classifieds

Quote from: GoatTalker on February 06, 2010, 01:00:59 PM
We are closing the door on raising Pygmy goats, our old ones will live out their lives here, but the rest will be going to new homes $100.00 and up. email [email protected] or call (916) 652-3311 if you are interested in any of these winning animals.

Quote from: Rushtawin on September 09, 2010, 02:18:04 PM
Highlights include:
Fencing
Dog runs
Milk stand
Shelters
Goats
Dogs
Lionhead rabbit with papers
Cat who is free to a good home, etc.

I am seeking a 6x8' or smaller trailer.

Information & photos at http://www.freewebs.com/rushtawin/movingsale.htm

The website will be updated frequently during the liquidation and partial herd dispersal. Please send all inquiries to [email protected] with your name and phone numbers.

:tyrose:

Quote from: Sondra on August 04, 2010, 10:52:50 AM
Hey guys am looking for an  experienced breeder with quality ND  near Central Virginia, or what could be a day trip.  Lady will be wanting a couple does, one preferrably in milk or at least bred.    This purchase will not be right away.    Please email me  [email protected]
Thanks

Quote from: helmstead on August 02, 2010, 12:38:34 PM
Helmstead Minis C Pyrite
7/29/10
LTE Chippendale x LW Pastel Blue

For extended pedigrees, please visit my website.

Patsy is an easy milker with great teat size and placement.  Both parents are small and correct.

Pyrite is available registered for $250.00, unregistered buck for $125.00 or as a pet wether for $75.00

Bottle baby, will be ready to go later this week.

Regards,
The GoatTalk.com Forum Team.

http://www.goattalk.com/forum/index.php

xenovanis

Are you using the "Send this to these groups using personal messages." option to send it? If not, I'm not sure it's possible to use bbc code in the newsletters. You probably need to use html instead.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

YogiBear

Quote from: xenovanis on September 13, 2010, 04:22:23 PM
Are you using the "Send this to these groups using personal messages." option to send it? If not, I'm not sure it's possible to use bbc code in the newsletters. You probably need to use html instead.

I recently asked a similar question. The answer was bbc is fine for sending Newsletters as PM's but html is necessary for e-mail. Each worked perfectly. Sorry if this is obvious but do tick the html option when sending as e-mails (Guess who forgot the first time).  :)
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

xenovanis

Hehe, it's always the obvious to forget  :D Thanks for your explanation, makes perfect sense.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: