News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Annoying vertical scroll bar in Internet Explorer

Started by dsanchez, September 13, 2010, 10:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

In the right side of some posts, a vertical scroll bar appears. This only happens in Internet Explorer 8, maybe in earlier versions as well but I didn't confirm this (Google Chrome and Opera don't show these scroll bars). Look at this for example:

http://curefans.com/contests/fiba-2010-at-curefans-com/20/

Arni idea about how to fix this? I'm using the Prince of Darkness variant from the Curve theme.

Thanks in advance!

Danny S.

I too would like to solve this issue. I've seen it happen on multiple themes and seems to be fairly random in occurance.

dsanchez

Just solved this ;)

Attach is an image showing the problem: vertical scrollbars in the right side of the box containing a post. This only occurs in IE.

The solution is to add this code to the index.css file in your theme folder. The class "inner" is the one used for the box containing the user's post. Adding the property overflow with the value hidden solve the problem in IE. In the other browsers this problem does not exist.

.inner
{
    overflow: hidden;
}

tragidy

Quote from: dsanchez on September 13, 2010, 03:08:41 PM
Just solved this ;)

.inner
{
}

Do you have a working solution/fix for SMF 1.1.X for IE users, Ive attempted adding your fix to style.css however it does not make any changes IE 8 is still very much so showing the verts.
Open source Matters, the GNU GPL License is one of the most valuable text ever created by mankind.
Support all open source projects when possible as their concepts are paving the future. ~ tragidy

dsanchez

tragidy

Sure,

http://eclypse.cc we are a French site and most of the site is private for our game, but the bars appear just like in your screenshot identical!
Open source Matters, the GNU GPL License is one of the most valuable text ever created by mankind.
Support all open source projects when possible as their concepts are paving the future. ~ tragidy

dsanchez

Ok, looks like in SMF 1.1.X they have another name for this css class. Try with this:

.post
{
}

(at the end of your css file)

tragidy

Quote from: dsanchez on November 08, 2010, 11:57:56 AM
Ok, looks like in SMF 1.1.X they have another name for this css class. Try with this:

.post
{
}

(at the end of your css file)

Worked like a charm, thank you kindly for your fast reply and a resolution to this issue!

Kudos.

Advertisement: