Admin problem

Started by knackworst, September 13, 2010, 12:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knackworst

I have an admin, problem, every reglar player can become an admin, by clicking on admin...
what setting do i have to change to solve this ?? please

Road Rash Jr.

Really? A regular member should not even see the Admin button. Check your permission settings for regular members.

Make sure none of the Forum Administration settings are checked.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

knackworst

that's the problem, there's nothing wrong, with the settings...
where exactly should i go for the settings?

Road Rash Jr.

Admin-Members-Permissions
Make sure none of the Forum Administration settings are checked.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

knackworst

when i go there, i see my groups, and then some squares wich aren't checked

gbsothere

Quote from: knackworst on September 13, 2010, 12:47:11 PM
when i go there, i see my groups, and then some squares wich aren't checked

When you go to Admin---->  Permissions you'll see, next to each membergroup a link "Modify".  Click that link, next to the membergroups whose permissions you want to change.  After you do that, you'll see checks next to permissions that are allowed and no checks next to permissions that are not allowed.  If any administrative permissions have checks next to them, uncheck them and save your changes.

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

knackworst

that's the problem, the admin forum, database, thing is not checked for regular players...

gbsothere

Would you provide a link to your forum and a test newbie account?  (Newbie is fine; it doesn't have to have admin privileges.)  You can PM if it you'd rather.

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Advertisement: