News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Characters not displayed

Started by Plantsman, September 14, 2010, 01:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plantsman

Can anyone please explain to me  how I can get IE7 to display the euro and pound signs as such.  They are being shown as squares.

I have  no wish to adopt utf8 or to change to Firefox.

My SMF version is 2.0 RC2 which I prefer to stick with.

Thanks

Robert.

You should better upgrade to SMF 2.0 RC3. ;) But about your problem: i think the only way to avoid them, is to upgrade your database to UTF8, or use the html/php characters. I don't know the link, but mayby you find them.

Bolt3D08[UGP]™

Dude, IE7-8 Is not good to use try [FireFox]  O:)

YogiBear

£ works fine here using IE8 in IE7  Compatability Mode . Just a thought - on your computer under Control Panel > Regional Language Options are the settings for English (United Kingdom)?

I too urge you to upgrade to RC3 which has far better security and fewer bugs.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Alex' Manson

it may be annoying for visitors.. :s
IE8 AND IE7 totally sux..

YogiBear

Yeah, right, guys, but this doesn't help solve Plantsman's problem. IE is still a major player which many folk use - or are stuck with for whatever reason - so we must try to solve this using just that.

Alex' Manson

well, i think IE must fix their stupid browsers lol..

YogiBear

Alex' Manson

okay -.- sorry :'(
read my answer at my other thread its for you. :P

Plantsman

Thank you all for your help. It looks like I must try IE8, Firefox or upgrade to SMF2.RC3. - or a pick and mix of those. I would like to upgrade to 2.RC3 but I've seen so many questions posted over problems on upgrading I'm very hasitant to do so.

Hi, yogibear; my language setting is for  'English British ISO-8859-1 enGB' My first step will be to download IE8 and probably set to IE7 compatibility mode.

CapadY

Give it a try with the next:

euro = €
pound = £

Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Advertisement: