News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

HEADER content-size

Started by petesky, September 15, 2010, 11:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petesky

Hello !

My server is non apache and not sending the content-size header itself. The SMF board does also not send the content-size header which can be a problem with mobile phones (like iphone, etc.). because some providers need the size before they route the user trough.

Is it possible, to add the content-size header somewehere in code ?!

IchBin™

Content-size is not a part of the standard HTTP Header. There are much better ways to detect mobile devices than that. My iphone has no problems browsing an SMF site. What problems are you having that make you think you need this header sent?
IchBin™        TinyPortal

petesky

The problem is, that some phones cannot display the page until the content-size is known. The page is either empty or the provider is telling that page cannot be displayed due to a problem with the "service".

vbgamer45

With what phone type? I have an iphone and can pull up my forums fine with it
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

petesky

It may depend on OS / Browser as well as the provider. You can try with Symbian OS on Nokia. I'm in AT and with A1 you will not reach a site which is not sending the content-size. It seems, that customer "hangs" at service site of provider with error message "This page cannot be displayed". If you add the header content-size by PHP you will pass trough.

Advertisement: