News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Voting per Usergroup

Started by petesky, September 16, 2010, 03:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petesky

I have a usergroup "main" and "sub" which has additional rights for one subforum. Is it possible to allow voting per usergroup so that only "sub" usergroup can vote and main/sub can see ?

xenovanis

You can set permissions per membergroup to vote in polls. I'm not sure what you mean by a sub membergroup?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

petesky

I have a main membergroup. I also have a lot of sub membergroups based on main.
That's because newsletter can be send to specific membergroups.
Now - i need a voting which can be seen by main membergroup but voted only by sub1 eg.

- School (Membergroup)
+ class 1
+ class 2
+ class 3

Only members of class2 should be able to vote in a specific forum but all other members based on school can view the results after ending of vote (or not if this is to complicated).

xenovanis

For the specific board, set up local boardpermissions in Admin -> Forum -> Boards -> {board} -> Permissions

Disallow all groups to vote in polls, except the one that you want to be able to vote.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

petesky

My personal wish would be an option to allow/deny a usergroup while creating the vote.
In some cases all MAIN mebers should be able to vote and sometimes only specific classes.

xenovanis

I'm sorry, that is not possible by default and there seems to be no modification created for that.

You could try posting a new topic on this in the Mod Requests board, maybe someone is willing to pick it up.

Advertisement: