News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

change copyright

Started by hackidiot, September 17, 2010, 12:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackidiot

hello

how can I change the year of the smf's copyright?

'cos in my website it says 2006-2009

and I want to change the 2009 to 2010

thanks

ARG01

I would offer to help but it seems that you are using a Dziner Studio premium theme and I do not recall you being registered there.  :-\

No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

ARG01

Nice edit but I did save the url for references. Btw, thanx for the PM admitting to using a stolen theme. This topic can probably be locked or deleted now.   :-\
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

aishaweb

Quote from: G1 on September 17, 2010, 01:05:42 AM
Nice edit but I did save the url for references. Btw, thanx for the PM admitting to using a stolen theme. This topic can probably be locked or deleted now.   :-\

http://www.foxforo.com/index.php?action=forum

is that it?

Acans

Firstly, No.

You cannot change this part of the copy right: SMF © 2006–2010, Simple Machines LLC.

However you may remove your SMF version number. So instead of "Powered by SMF 2.0 RC3", it can just be "Powered by SMF".

I'm not sure if we lock or remove support topics to sites with pirated mods/themes, however I'm sure NOBODY will offer him support because of it.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

IceXaos

The copyright div, just add style="display: none;" then recreate it.  Be sure to add it back, or you will never receive help again.

ARG01

Quote from: aishaweb on September 17, 2010, 03:53:47 AM

http://www.foxforo.com/index.php?action=forum

is that it?

Yep, that's it. :)

Kindred

Quote from: IceXaos on September 17, 2010, 06:49:40 AM
The copyright div, just add style="display: none;" then recreate it.  Be sure to add it back, or you will never receive help again.

Sorry.... The SMF License says that the copyright must be displayed UNALTERED.

So, setting the display to none and then inserting your own version IS NOT LEGAL. (nor is changing the year on the copyright.  Since 1.1.11 was released on 2009, that is the date of copyright.)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

IceXaos

Quote from: Kindred on September 17, 2010, 11:16:18 AM
Quote from: IceXaos on September 17, 2010, 06:49:40 AM

Sorry.... The SMF License says that the copyright must be displayed UNALTERED.

So, setting the display to none and then inserting your own version IS NOT LEGAL. (nor is changing the year on the copyright.  Since 1.1.11 was released on 2009, that is the date of copyright.)
I was just stating a method of changing it.  I was unsure as to if it was legal or not, but it was there to answer the question.  Thanks for clearin' it up.

Advertisement: