News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Move Smf [urgent help need]

Started by Shihabvm, September 17, 2010, 06:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shihabvm

I installed smf before 1 month in one webhost.now [nofollow] i changed my webhost. There i installed smf.how [nofollow] can move post,members,etc to my new forum from old..pls help me
kstek [nofollow]

gbsothere

Quote from: Shihabvm on September 17, 2010, 06:06:24 AM
I installed smf before 1 month in one webhost.now i changed my webhost. There i installed smf.how can move post,members,etc to my new forum from old..pls help me

Did you make a complete backup of your database before moving to a new server?  If so (and I hope you did) then just create a new database using phpMyAdmin (on your new server) and import your database backup.  This will restore your members, posts, PMs., etc.

If you've not yet discontinued your old hosting service, it's vital that you make a complete database backup before you do anything else.

After you import the backup to your new database and move your files over from your old server to your new one, place the repair_settings.php file in your forum's root and point your browser to it, to conform your settings, paths and URLs to the ones suggested.  Save your changes and remove the file from your server.
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Advertisement: