News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Where can I find a Parser Mod?

Started by distante, September 17, 2010, 11:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

distante

Hello!

I'm looking for a packege parser, like the one in custom.simplemachines.org/mod/

I saw a reference of the Daniel 15's parser, but I can't find it anywere, I need this to check mods that aren't in the official website

Help please? ::)

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mirahalo

distante

Quote from: Kindred on September 17, 2010, 11:54:25 AM
read the XML?

Yes something like the link that post 130860

Quote from: 130860 on September 17, 2010, 12:17:52 PM
h**p://dev.oharascans.com/package.php

but since I'm on a share hosting,  exec()  is disable, heres another one:

http://resourcez.biz/PackageParser/

that is the package parser of daniel 15 don't? I can't find the installer :(

Kindred

no, I meant, YOU can just open the XML in a text editor and READ the instructions.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

distante

Quote from: Kindred on September 17, 2010, 03:47:48 PM
no, I meant, YOU can just open the XML in a text editor and READ the instructions.

haha, I know that, but I need a parser :P

I mean, a parser to install
Quote from: S-Ace on September 17, 2010, 03:53:10 PM
http://sleepycode.com/PackageParser/index.php
another one

Can I ask, where did you find the script for that parser?

:D

sAce

QuoteCan I ask, where did you find the script for that parser?

Sorry , i cant answer that.

And BTW, its not my site.

Kindred

sleepy wrote it.

As for you reading or not reading.... WHY do you need a parser?  XML is very clean and very clear....
Слaва
Украинi

distante

To put it in my forum to show how to make manual modifications of mods that aren't in the official mod site.

I looks like I need to make my own script don't? :(

Oya

why?

the links above let u upload ur own packages...

distante

Yes. but I wanted to install it in my site u.u

Kindred

then you will have to write one yourself... none of the people who have written mod parsers have released it as a distributable source.
Слaва
Украинi

Oya

you do realise that if you hit install, when you get the list of things it's going to do, the little white square icon is actually a link to show you the edits.....

Kindred

I think he want to put a mod parser on his site to attract traffic and.or make an smf mod distribution site...
Слaва
Украинi

Oya

in which case unless he's producing his own mods there's really not a lot of point, most mod authors do not want their work redistributed without permission...

distante

:P yeap I have my own mods (well just one and is an official one)

My partner makes more mods, but I just want to have a "how to do a manual install" little more "user friendly".

Oya

i still don't get why you can't just direct them to one of those sites mentioned above!

distante

I saw that says something like

"look, I have good PC's for sale, but I don't have electricity for you to test them. If you want, You can go other place for test my computers"

Well something like that, make examples in English is hard! :'(

Nibogo

Agreed with Oya, in first place there must be a reason to not have your mods approved in the mod, and you could just link your users to one of those parsers, there isn't anything wrong using another website services.

distante

my mods are approved, my partner's mods are exclusive for our site. that's all. Anyway. Thanks to all who try to help :)

Advertisement: