News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

only Moderators can see a board

Started by mehrtadbir, September 17, 2010, 11:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehrtadbir

Hi
I've created the board for coordinating Moderators and i want only Moderators can see it and other users cannot.
What do i do?
thanks
تالار گفتگوی تخصصی متا    دفتر تلفن مشاغل   سامانه پیام کوتاه ویژه اعضای دفتر تلفن مشاغل     شبکه تجارت الکترونیک البرز

Kill Em All

For the board you want only moderators to see, select modify and then untick all the usergroups except the global moderator group. Please note that if you just did the normal moderator group where you type in the member's names for certain boards, that won't give them access to it unless they have moderator powers in that moderator only board.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

mehrtadbir

I have 5 boards for example     and mehrtadbir is Administrator forum
board 1       for coordinating Moderators and only Moderators Should see it.     and ADELE is Moderator.
board 2        Accounting                                  DIANNA is Moderator.
board 3        Audit                                           LALLY  is Moderator.
board 4        Rules                                          JAN is Moderator.
board 5        Accounting Software                  JASMYN is Moderator.

mehrtadbir can see board 1 Because he is main admin .
I want ADELE , DIANNALALLY , JAN and JASMYN only see board 1 not other user.
thanks
http://irmeta.com/meta/index.php/board,173.0.html
تالار گفتگوی تخصصی متا    دفتر تلفن مشاغل   سامانه پیام کوتاه ویژه اعضای دفتر تلفن مشاغل     شبکه تجارت الکترونیک البرز

Kill Em All

You can either make another membergroup and place them all in it as a secondary membergroup, or you could just make them moderators of the one board. You don't have to worry about the admin as they will always see all boards.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

mehrtadbir

Thanks for answer

but We have several research groups that each user can be member of each
Please visit our forum. It is too large
we have about 2000 boards.
www.irmeta.com/meta/index.php
With your advice we have to manage tens of groups (manage and research)
its very difficult.

Maybe we do not know how to use permissions.

please help us.its very difficult.

Acans

mehrtadbir, I think you miss understood KEA.

In your board options, where you edit the boards name, and discription, down below theirs a space for board moderators.

If you add the name of the member you just want to see that board, only he the admin can view it.

As for board 1: If their all in the same group (Moderator) than just check that box.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Advertisement: