News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Themes & Upgrades

Started by smack, June 27, 2005, 09:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smack

I don't know much about the theme template system on SMF.  I have a board that it is currently using Classic YaBB SE Theme.   My question is I have been upgrading since 1.0.2. and currently running 1.0.5.  Now has anything on Classic YaBB SE Theme has change since 1.0.2. that I should be aware of?   If so please let me know if possible.

Dannii

The updates usually touch only the source files, or only parts of the default templates. So it is unlikely anything has changed, although I don't know for sure. You could have a look through the update files and see what has changed in the templates though.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

smack

Cool thanks!
So the changes to the default board theme are based on functions or security?  And if it is functions would they be available on the Classic YaBB SE Theme or they would have to be implemented?

Dannii

Well the YaBB SE theme is a standard one, so if there ever was something that major it would be included. Not for the others however. So when 1.1 is released, the themes will most likely have to be very heavily edited.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

smack

Ok I see now.  I guess if I ever get my hands on 1.1 I will have to try offline on local server and see what happens..   Ok thanks..

xenovanis

Quote from: smack on June 29, 2005, 07:50:30 PM
Ok I see now.  I guess if I ever get my hands on 1.1 I will have to try offline on local server and see what happens..   Ok thanks..

Well, it is available for download now.

SMF 1.1 Beta 3 Public!
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: