News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Sticky and lock icons

Started by Raffoz, September 19, 2010, 01:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffoz

in message index view, i see this:
- first column a series of icons: hot or not hot topic, sticky or not, lock or not
- second column: topic icon
- third column: title of the topic...

in this third column, however, if the topic is sticky or locked, these icons appears as well...

and the problem is that if the topic title is long, it goes over this icons... it's terrible to view...

is there a way to delete these icons from the third column?

MacOsX (last)
SMF 2.0.15 and 2.1.2 (different forums)
Chrome (last) or Safari (last)

Raffoz

i found it! :)

themes/default/css/index.css

search for "sticky" or "lock" and similar...
and you will find the line that calls the gif file...

you can move it, delete the call, or what you want... :)
MacOsX (last)

Raffoz

other question: is possible to set that the text of the title of the topic doesn't arrive till the end of the filed, but finds its right limit some pixel before? so i'd be able to leave the icons and solve in this way :)
MacOsX (last)

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I think it is very much possible. It is a matter of modifying MessageIndex.template.php. What is needed to be done, is to create a specific column for the sticky, lock (other hidden) icons there or remove them altogether if you don't really need them. The sticky or lock icon can also be displayed like a new icon so that it will safe some spaces and won't be displayed wrongly when the topic is long as you said.

I am in the middle of updating my Remove Hot Topic Icon mod so that people have a choice to remove their hot topic as well as the topic icon n mynext release. May be I'll consider making a whole new look and arrangement for the MessageIndex.template.php.

Raffoz

Thanks Ahrasis...

till that moment i'll arrange something... :)
later i hope you'll continue in this direction...

thanks againg for our time... :)
MacOsX (last)

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I think this solved and I'll mark it as solved for now. If it is not yet resolved, please feel free to open it back.

Advertisement: