News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

php.ini issues

Started by jgmayes, September 20, 2010, 11:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgmayes

I am currently running SMF 2.0 RC3 and have run into an issue about the php.ini file. I have installed Magneto (e-commerce) into the website to build a online store. However I am having issues with the Magento installation declaring "No input file specified." on pages outside of the home page for the store.

In my research on Magento I have found that the fix is to change the name of the php.ini file to php5.ini. Which does work; however this casues formatting issues within my SMF installation. My site is using PHP Version 5.2.14 and I am curious if there is something that I can do in SMF for it to accept the php5.ini file just as it does the php.ini file.

I would appreciate any support or suggestions on this topic.

Thank you.

jgmayes

Well I have been able to do some more work on troubleshooting this issue. What I found is in the absence of a php5.ini (regardless if a php.ini) file is installed GoDaddy defaults to a default config file. So in reality the SMF and Magento have been working file on php5.ini, however to get the Magento installation to work correctly I must modify the cgi.fix_pathinfo = 0 to cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1.

When I do this the SMF then will begin to add things the url of pages past the index page and thus destroys my formatting; it looks for the background image with the index page for instance.

Does anyone know of a happy medium? It appears for the godaddy server I need cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1 for Magento to work, but this doesn't play well with SMF???

Help me, please.....

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Problems are not related to SMF 2.x Support, topics were  mixed and the OP has not come back to this topic ever since the last post. I am marking this as solved until the OP come back, if any.

Advertisement: