News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Date format not changing

Started by Zirc, September 20, 2010, 12:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zirc

2.0 RC3

I went in the Admin section and changed my date format for my forums, hit Save and there is no change in the displayed format anywhere on my forums.  Am I missing a step that I need to do?

kat

Zirc

Yup did that several times and no change  :(

kat

Apart from the file permissions, I'm clueless, with this, I'm afraid.

Zirc

Okay so it seems that for some reason it is an issue with Google Chrome, the date format doesn't change even though I switched it and cleared my browser cache and everything.  The date change works fine with Firefox and IE.  Anybody have any ideas why it wouldn't switch with Chrome?

live627

It shouldn't be the browser because SMF outputs the date equally across all browsers. The only thing I could think of is the time output was trapped in the forum's cache.

Marking this one as solved...

Zirc

Well then it is still trapped in my Google Chrome browsers cache even after emptying it several times.  Also this is not just an issue with 2.0RC3 either, I tried changing the date format on my live 1.1.11 site and Google Chrome did not reflect the change on that forum either even after emptying the cache.

I don't know how you can mark it as solved if there was nothing resolved.  Are simply telling me it's a browser issue that we all have to live with if we have users that use Chrome.

This issue is not solved the date format still does not change in GC.

live627

Profile > Modify Profile > Look and Layout

Time Format should be set to Forum Defaullt

Zirc

Thats the ticket.... thank you very much.

I wonder how mine got changed on both the live site and the test site from forum default?  I never knew the setting was there so I never changed it and looking through some of my members they all say forum default so idk.

But now I know thanks again live627, now the topic is truely solved.  ;D

live627

Advertisement: