Previous topic - Next topic

OnlineFunCorner

Hy
As We Have To Give Permission To Moderator To Modify Posts Of Others Member
But
Moderator Can Also Modify The Posts And Topics Of Administrator
How To Restrict Moderator To Modify Posts Of Administrators
--
Anything Like Permission In Permissions Like Restrict Modify Posts Of Administrators Etc
Please I Really Need It

YogiBear

SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Oya

or simply tell them not to edit ur posts and if they do remove their moderator rights

OnlineFunCorner

But
If Admin Remains Absent For Some Weeks And Global Moderator Accidentally Delete Their Posts
For That Condition I Need It

Oya

then the admin shouldn't really be an admin if he's not looking after the forum

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I think a mod request is needed for this.

Something like, if the post belongs to admin, only admin can modify it, else, its other user's post and any moderator (with relevant permission) can modify it.

OnlineFunCorner

ahrasis
You Understand Correctly
Thanks
Have You Any Solution?

Oya

oh i understood u just fine

im getting at that you dont need mods to solve user carelessness or abuse of powers

IceXaos

There's also times where it comes in use that they can modify posts of an admin.  You just have to control your moderators and straight out let them know what they are and are not allowed to do.  We don't have too many issues with this, except once in a while, which we simply say "please don't do that" and issue solved.  If they fail to follow the instruction of an admin, they will lose their privileges on the site.

Quote from: Dr.IT on September 22, 2010, 06:21:45 AM
But
If Admin Remains Absent For Some Weeks And Global Moderator Accidentally Delete Their Posts
For That Condition I Need It

Sometimes, control doesn't have to be by words. If a simple installation of mod and a tick of can do that, why not. May be I'll create a mod for this. But not so soon. I'm currently trying to perfect my "User Info Above Post" Mod for mod submission.

OnlineFunCorner

Lets Suppose
A Moderator Modify 10 Important Posts Of Administrator
We Have No Backup Of Those Posts & Can't Restore Those Modified Posts
Many Friends Suggesting Me To Order Them Not To Modify Admin Posts & If They Modified Admin Posts  Just Cancel Their Privileges On Forum
Is That Solution?
No
Actually We Lost Our Moderator Also Useful Posts
That's Why I Need This MOD
For Healthy Relations Between Admin And Moderators Without Losing Posts And Moderators!

Yes. I agree with this. So far I can see that there are several lines govern that.

For deletion, may be we shouldn't give the moderators permissions to delete. Perhaps to mute post or modify it is enough in most cases.

However, to control the moderators, we will need to know where (allowedTo('modify_any') is coming from. From there where have to create modify_any_but_admin where permission is more restricted to non admin post and change the  (allowedTo('modify_any') to  (allowedTo('modify_any_but_admin').

This is just my common sense in looking for solution to this. I am looking deeper to this now. I'll post up suggested solutions soonest if I found one.

OnlineFunCorner

Joker™

For time being your can use Post History mod. I'm myself using it at my forum and if any moderator edits my post i can catch him and put my post back to original state using post history.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

OnlineFunCorner

Its Look Great
But Not Compatible With 2 RC1 :-(

Joker™

Quote from: Dr.IT on October 01, 2010, 08:02:43 AM
Its Look Great
But Not Compatible With 2 RC1 :-(
You must upgrade your forum to RC3 due to venerabilities present in RC1.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

OnlineFunCorner

If I upgrade then all mod installed will be effected

xenovanis

Yes, your mods will be uninstalled if you upgrade.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: