News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Guests unable to view forum

Started by slalani, September 22, 2010, 06:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slalani

Hi, I'm using SMF 2.0 RC3 where only registered members are able to view the boards, not the guests.

I've tried Admin/features&options/general - allow guests to browse the forum (tick box) - doesn't help.

The guests are only able to see the "General Discussion" board and nothing else. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance

gbsothere

Try going to Admin---> Boards and clicking "Modify" next to each board, then check to see if "Guests" is ticked as a membergroup to view that particular board.  You may also go to Admin--> Permissions and take a look at Guest permissions to decide how much additional access you want to give them.

:)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

slalani

gbsothere

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Advertisement: