News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Help me theme access directly by guest css files

Started by king999, September 23, 2010, 10:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

king999

hello i faced some problem in my website
http://www.abc.com/Themes/themename/css/index.css
if i type this url in address bar files are listed their and also if i click on index.css
it's open directly help me and tell me what can i do

gbsothere

I get a "Sorry, we could not find that page" message when I put it in a browser.

I also don't see a forum.   :)

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

king999

http://www.abc.com/Themes/themename/css/index.css
goto this link sir

gbsothere

I do see it, but I also see it when accessing my own forum's css.  A person may view it, just as anyone can view the HTML Page Source for almost any web site, but, unless they have the access to upload to your forum, it won't do them much good.

:)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

king999

What is the solution for this.............
this is serious problem or not............

gbsothere

Quote from: king999 on September 23, 2010, 11:00:43 AM
What is the solution for this.............

I don't believe a solution is necessary. 

Example, king999...  right now, while you're viewing this site (Simple Machines) look up on your browser's menu and select "View".  Select Page Source.  Do you see how you can view the HTML?  That's no different from someone being able to view your CSS file.  Viewing the page source here doesn't do me any good, since I have no access to be able to upload to this site.  All I can do is view it. 

Is your primary concern that someone will use the information to hack?  I don't think you have cause for alarm.   :)

king999

So what do you mean it's not problem..................
Or it's safe.

gbsothere

Quote from: king999 on September 23, 2010, 11:14:13 AM
So what do you mean it's not problem..................
Or it's safe.

In my opinion, it's not a problem, king999.  If you'll leave this topic marked "Unsolved" for a bit, someone else will see it and will give their opinion.  If their opinion is different, perhaps they will offer a solution; something that will ease your mind. 

:)

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

king. I think your problem is no problem at all. If your css file is not accessible then nobody including you can view or access your forum properly if not logged in. css file must be accessible all the time by anybody that come to your forum. That in fact is how thing works with all site using different css as well like Joomla, Drupal, VB, phpBB etc etc.

If you really wanted, you can disallow access to your css file in various ways but your site will look definitely horrible, from every visitors view, including the search engine. So I think you can just ignore this as this is definitely not a problem to solve.

I'll mark it as solved then.

Advertisement: