Can't figure out how to set permissions so only registrants can see boards/topic

Started by Mareid, September 23, 2010, 12:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mareid

I have guest permissions set to nothing...and one of my forums is invisible, but the others are not.  Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

gbsothere

Quote from: mareid on September 23, 2010, 12:27:22 PM
I have guest permissions set to nothing...and one of my forums is invisible, but the others are not.  Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Two things:  Admin==> Features and Options  "Allow guests to browse the forum" needs to be unchecked. 

Also, go to Admin===> Boards, and click "Modify" next to each board.  Check to make sure "Guests" isn't checked as an allowed group to view.

:)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Mareid

gbsothere

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Mareid

Advertisement: