Site crashed | Need urgent Help!!

Started by Buraaq, September 23, 2010, 04:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buraaq

Heya!

I dunno what just happened... I uninstalled a mod (SA Facebook Connect) since it was giving me some trouble, and then changed my theme from Argentum to Default curve.. it was all fine. When I tried changing my theme back to Argentum the site gave me a weird error. I refreshed the page and stuff, no use. The error related to /Sources/Load.php.

So I did what I had been doing in such circumstances. I loaded the default load.php file into the directory. I refreshed the page (on previous occasions this method always used to work), but this time another error occurred with boardindex.php. So I replaced that too. Refreshed. And this time an error occured with Sub.php....replaced that too, and since then I am getting a constant error with Load.php!

I have replaced load.php with the default one repeatedly, no use. here is the url to the site:
www.camsstudentcouncil.info

I have no clue how to put it back! What do i do???  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Alex' Manson

remove all facebook thing codes MANUALLY the uninstaller kept some codes without deleting them
heres a=the error
QuoteFatal error: Call to undefined function show_facebook() in /home/dastakd1/public_html/cscf/Sources/Load.php(2083) : eval()'d code on line 32

Buraaq

I have already replaced the file. Replaced it with the one which you get when you DONT have ANY mod installed, so there is no facebook text in this load.php file. Nothing at all to remove.  :(

Alex' Manson

theres many files affected, you need to do everything all over again manually (removing codes)
i think that is better thank keeping the forum broken isn't it?
just it needs some time but it will give da best result.

Buraaq

What if I make a new installation and link it to my existing database? Would that work? It should shouldn't it?

The only thing is, I did that as well. Still, same error  :'(

Alex' Manson

dude, can't you just do what i told you to?
or you are too lazy to do it? if so i can't help you then.
to get a nice forum, you need to work for it.

Buraaq

and what would be that? Which files do I open up to edit? I dont even know which files SA FC modified in the first place.

Plus, its an issue with my database now, not with the installation. Almost certain about this now, but how do I remove these errors from my MySQL...

gbsothere

Buraaq, just hang on.  Let me read through your thread, completely and see if I can help, before you do anything else.  ;)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Alex' Manson

the only error are the .php files that the SA FC modified , here go to the mod page parse it and see the things they add? search for the added things and replace them with the original codes in every file there, this will take like 10 mins or 7 but will make ur forum workin
and please next time backup b4 doing any thing with mods or fixes

EDIT: whhhops gbsothere posted sorry didn't know, wait for him to answer he is PRO :P

Buraaq

Good idea... I have already DONE one thing though, for the better or the worse...

What I did was...I first exported my entire database to my harddrive..through myphpadmin thing..backup.

Then, I created a directory, installed a fresh SMF 2 copy and instead of creating a new database, gave link to my existing one. Didn't work. Same error.

Then, I created a NEW database, and copied ALL the tables from my original database onto this one. NExt I again ran a new installation, and linked it to this NEW database. SAME error.

Lastly, I created another new database, and copied all the tables from a backed up database onto this one (this particular database was created last night). Ran a new installation and linked it up with this new database, and it worked well!

Only sadness is, that today new members were awaiting approval so they will be gone. Plus I will need to install all the packages again. Plus, website is behaving sliggghtlyyy weird..dunno why =/. Like when you install a package, it runs a test. Those test results are running out of the screen to the right =/

I know I did some crazy stuff back there but oh well  :-\

gbsothere

Buraaq, don't do anything to your database.  If you wish, I'll be happy to take a look at your files and forum and see if I can sort this for you.  Ordinarily, it would be a simple case of advising you to remove the mod's edits (and explain to you how to do that) but, since I'm not sure exactly what you've done, already, I'd prefer to do it, myself, if you have no objections. 

If you will provide (in a personal message; don't do it here) admin log in details to your forum, as well as ftp log in information, I'll try to sort it for you.

(If you're unsure of your ftp details, your server can give those to you: host, username, password).

Before you share any information of a sensitive nature, however, take a look at this link:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=228940.0
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

Alex' Manson

QuoteBuraaq, just hang on.  Let me read through your thread, completely and see if I can help, before you do anything else.

and anyways, backups are your friend. :-\

EDIT: omg...gbsothere posts b4 me again! lol i was going to say he needs to wait but you pushed post fast :P
only word :great helper! :)

Buraaq

its sort of working now gbsothere... and I will tell you waht just happened!

I was trying to install SA FB mod on that other forum I had just installed, and in that pre-install test, it showed me it was editing the php files in my ORIGINAL forum (the one which have gone all wrong). I closed my browser, cleared my cache, tried again. Same thing. I decided to go with it, and well, now if you visit camsstudentcouncil.info, its BETTER. BUT, i cant login using my logins! the moment I try diong that, same thing happens.

I have PMed you my logins too, cant really solve it myself beyond this (ironic I should call it "solve" lols)..but oh well  :-\

gbsothere

Quote from: skander1345 on September 23, 2010, 06:16:13 PM
um, your forum works, is this solved?

I'm having a look at his site, skander. 

gbsothere

Quote from: Buraaq on September 23, 2010, 06:21:28 PM
its sort of working now gbsothere... and I will tell you waht just happened!

I was trying to install SA FB mod on that other forum I had just installed, and in that pre-install test, it showed me it was editing the php files in my ORIGINAL forum (the one which have gone all wrong). I closed my browser, cleared my cache, tried again. Same thing. I decided to go with it, and well, now if you visit camsstudentcouncil.info, its BETTER. BUT, i cant login using my logins! the moment I try diong that, same thing happens.

I have PMed you my logins too, cant really solve it myself beyond this (ironic I should call it "solve" lols)..but oh well  :-\

I'm going to PM you with a couple of questions, Buraaq, so keep an eye out for new messages.   :)

gbsothere

*resolved*

Fresh files, mods reinstalled.

Buraaq

Oh gbsothere!!! Thank you so very much!! How could I ever thank you enough??  :-\ I was literally Scr*ed...and was on the verge of deleting my entire forum installation to put up a new one...the only thing I have learnt so far!! But you saved it! and my database lives!

Thanks a trillion again for all the support!! You have been a great great helper! Thanks a lot!! :'(

gbsothere

It was so my pleasure.  SMF knows that forums are important to their owners and I hope you enjoy yours.     ;)

Let me know if any issues arise. 

Buraaq

QuoteLet me know if any issues arise.

I sure would! You have been a true savior in the hour of need! But lesson learnt. CAREFUL with the mods I shall be from now on! =D So hopefully, wont crash so badly next time =D

Cheers, and once again, thanks a lot!!!  :) :) :)

Advertisement: