News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Little Problem, Well It's A Question.

Started by Alex' Manson, September 24, 2010, 03:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex' Manson

um, every time i get on my adimn CP
the news from simplemachines.org
says unable to connect to get the latest news, and my forum version is : 2.0 RC3 and under it they type: last SMF version : [something HTML]
i am on mah phone now so i can't tell
and in the check files to see if they are updated for the latest version i see
"sources" --> ? ? ?
and many other things all with "? ? ?"
any help? :)

AND SOMETHING ELSE: all blink BBC thingys doesn't work they just add the button but theres no text blinking, any help? :)

-Skander1345

Oya

question 1:
go to admin > maintenance > scheduled tasks, select run now for the 'fetch simple machines' files option, and see if you get any new errors in the error log

question 2: your probably using a browser that doesnt support it - there is no good reason imo to have text flash on and off at users, its irritating anyway

Alex' Manson

well,     i am using google chrome, and i saw the blink on another site. in Google chrome.
EDIT:  question 1 isn't solved, same problem.

Oya

Quote from: skander1345 on September 24, 2010, 04:24:05 AM
EDIT:  question 1 isn't solved, same problem.

and did u get any errors in the error log?

Kenamura

Ok i was just having this problem a little while ago, go to Forum Maintenance>Routine then click the find and repair any errors, run task now button, and i believe it might be an issue with your DB

Alex' Manson

i reinstalled SMF from scratch on another database same problem, oya
i always receive errors from load.php
display.php
and index.template.php

i have like 40000 errors or more

Oya

Quote from: skander1345 on September 24, 2010, 07:19:39 AM
i reinstalled SMF from scratch on another database same problem, oya
i always receive errors from load.php
display.php
and index.template.php

i have like 40000 errors or more

i dont get any errors at all on any of my sites

why dont you tell us what some of the errors are...

Alex' Manson

Quotehttp://siskoplanet.99k.org/SMF/index.php?/topic,36.0/prev_next,next.html8: ob_end_clean() [<a href='ref.outcontrol'>ref.outcontrol</a>]: failed to delete buffer. No buffer to delete.File: /www/99k.org/s/i/s/siskoplanet/htdocs/SMF/Sources/Display.php
Quotehttp://siskoplanet.99k.org/SMF/index.php?PHPSESSID=cf58fb585e08c708a4f68447ab6dad3d&amp;action=dlattach;attach=1;type=avatar2: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()File: /www/99k.org/s/i/s/siskoplanet/htdocs/SMF/Sources/Load.php
Line: 2053

Oya

and those are on a fresh install without *any* changes even themes or mods or language files?

Oya

ok so what mods and themes do u have?

whats the lines before and after the lines with an error on? (u can click the magnifyig glass to see a block before and after the line causing the error)

Kenamura

well when i was having the issue i had no mods installed and i still dont lol i had to reset my forums. and did this work? lemme know what happened and ill try to help best i can

Alex' Manson

created a new forum/database and everything working
my old forum isnt. i made hard work in it, is theres a fast technique for this to get fixed?

Alex' Manson

remade another forum and i just moved on.. deserves some work =9

-Skander1345
--------------SOLVED

Oya

fine then i wont bother trying to help u in future

Alex' Manson

you didnt understand me.. -.- i said i made a new forum (new smf fresh install) and will just rework on it.
anyways this is solved

Advertisement: