News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Rotation code not working on forum?

Started by RebelWolfChris, September 25, 2010, 08:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelWolfChris

Any rotating codes for avatars do not work on our forum WCRPG.
http://warriorcatsrpg.com [nofollow]

They load, and while the load bar at the bottom is still loading (Waiting for www.warriorcatsrpg.com [nofollow] displays) they are visible for an instant, then as soon as it's fully loaded the entire page, all rotation avatars disappear.

-Some people can still view them properly, and others cannot.
-The rotations themselves are hosted on different sites - none of them work, so it's not just one site having issues.
-Rotating codes in signatures still work, just not in avatars.

I really need some help as to how to fix this problem, any helpful suggestions are appreciated.

gbsothere

I know next to nothing about rotating codes, but I'm curious about one thing...

It may be nothing, but you list your site as http://warriorcatsrpg.com yet the loading message says "waiting for www.warriorcatsrpg.com". 

Is "www" hard-coded in, anywhere?  Since your site defaults back to no "www", perhaps that might be an issue?

Again, it might be nothing.  I was just curious as to whether changing it might help.

:)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

YogiBear

This is odd. Using the first link http://warriorcatsrpg.com  your forum loads first time here using IE8 in Compatability mode and once loaded the address doesn't change.

:)
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

RebelWolfChris

Hmm - I may well have made a mistake about the address in the load bar, Gb, it may not have a www. in it. No, testing it I was mistaken, no www.

I'm not sure what that means Yogi, about the loading?

I'm doing a member poll now and I also tested it in IE vs firefox, and in IE they seem to display! So could that be a firefox setting, perhaps? But they always used to work fine on my firefox, they stopped all of a sudden.

gbsothere

Quote from: RebelWolfChris on September 25, 2010, 10:16:31 PM
Hmm - I may well have made a mistake about the address in the load bar, Gb, it may not have a www. in it. No, testing it I was mistaken, no www.

I'm not sure what that means Yogi, about the loading?

I'm doing a member poll now and I also tested it in IE vs firefox, and in IE they seem to display! So could that be a firefox setting, perhaps? But they always used to work fine on my firefox, they stopped all of a sudden.

I'm only glancing in, Chris, because I'm helping with an upgrade, but try it with Opera which is very similar to Firefox and that might help reveal if it's a browser thing. Firefox is a fine browser but I have to admit that mine has gone a bit wonky, lately, as far as images, etc., are concerned.

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

RebelWolfChris

I appreciate the help gbsothere :)

I can do that - try Opera -  but I really need to find a solution that doesn't involve members switching their browsers entirely. It seems so weird it would just stop working entirely when it used to be fine via firefox.

xenovanis

Can we get a link to a post where a user has a rotating avatar?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: