Voting on poll outside forum

Started by mrhope, September 25, 2010, 10:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrhope

Just recently updated to 2.0RC3 from an earlier 1.x version. I've had polls outside the forum before on my website that allowed people to participate in forum polls. After upgrading to 2.0 I'm not longer able to do this, because I'm getting Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again. Is it possible with 2.0 to vote outside the forums? I love that 2.0 adds the ability for guests to vote, but would get a lot more guests voting if I could add the poll outside of the forums.

I noticed the below hidden value in the code and attempted to remove this, assuming it was the pre-assigned session id but that didn't seem to work.

<input type="hidden" name="f2113a271e71" value="551293507a0842f96658e44731e36417">

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Oya

that is the session id it should be being made available to the form through $context['session_var'] and $context['session_id']

what code did you have before?

mrhope

I was just copying the HTML to display the forum and placing it outside the forum in a static HTML page. So I can't call the $context['session_var'] and $context['session_id']. Is it possible to post without a session_id?

CapadY

Maybe you can start reading about SSI ?

In your forum root you'll find ssi.php and ssi_examples.php. Those files will help you to reach what you want.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Oya

Quote from: mrhope on September 25, 2010, 11:20:30 AM
I was just copying the HTML to display the forum and placing it outside the forum in a static HTML page. So I can't call the $context['session_var'] and $context['session_id']. Is it possible to post without a session_id?

nope

as capady says, start with using ssi.php which will make those available to ur script

mrhope

Quote from: capady on September 25, 2010, 02:55:47 PM
Maybe you can start reading about SSI ?

In your forum root you'll find ssi.php and ssi_examples.php. Those files will help you to reach what you want.

Thanks will look into it.

Advertisement: