News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE

Started by arkel-bmw, September 25, 2010, 12:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkel-bmw

Hi,

I am new with this and here, and i'm not sure if i'm in the right thread. when i'm trying to access my community forum i got this error message on the page:

QuoteParse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/vhosts/arkel-bmw.freevar.com/smforum/Settings.php on line 3

i checked on the Settings.php and on line 3 the "maintenance" was set into "0" (without quote), which is i think it is correct. attached herein the part of my php where i'm having an error. thanks and appreciated your help guys.

--ab

Kindred

1- this is for bugs in the actual software... not problems with your own forum.  For support with your own forum, post in the appropriate support board for the version you are using. (since you didn't tell me what version, I am moving this to 1.1)
2- When you report a problem for which you require support, you need to provide information.  SMF version, URL, mods installed.

3- never, ever, ever post your database information. I removed your attachment, because settings.php (and hence your attachment) contains the db connection information that someone could use to hack your site.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

arkel-bmw

Thank you , and sorry for the inconvenience... As I've said, I'm new with this and just want to create a forum to share with friends and colleagues , my installed version is 2.0 RC3. I guess the error arises when i tried changing the Community name "My community" and save. Sorry for my bad English too  (not my mother tongue)  :)

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I believe the server setting is wrong. It shouldn't be:
/home/vhosts/arkel-bmw.freevar.com/
It should normally be:
/home/arkel-bmw.freevar.com/public_html/
I may be wrong but do ask your host.

You can also ask for support in your local language if they are available. Look at the SMF Board Index page and see whether your language is there.

arkel-bmw

Hi ahrasis, thanks for the quick reply. i got this handled  :) but i needed to reinstall the app (luckily i got the DB backed-up), instead of changing the Title line "My Community" i just navigate to current theme and put my own logo and Title (from this tuts http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=400887.0 posted by Dantelion, thanks),,, help and assistance is highly appreciated. 

--ab

Advertisement: