News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Can't Add Mods

Started by Rannic, September 25, 2010, 07:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rannic

I was trying to add people to the moderator user group but was unable. What could be the problem.

gbsothere

Quote from: Rannic on September 25, 2010, 07:37:49 PM
I was trying to add people to the moderator user group but was unable. What could be the problem.

Moderators are added to individual boards, unless you want to make them global moderators (and perhaps adjust those privileges to something you're comfortable with).  Otherwise, go to Admin---> Boards and click "modify" next to the board you want to add a poster to as moderator and enter their username in that field.

:)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Rannic

OK, I did that but when I go to member groups under the moderators it say that no one is apart of that group.

gbsothere

Quote from: Rannic on September 25, 2010, 07:59:57 PM
OK, I did that but when I go to member groups under the moderators it say that no one is apart of that group.

No, you won't see anything there (when going to Admin---> Membergroups) except, possibly n/a.  Moderators is a bit different from other membergroups, because it's board-specific.

Test it this way.  Create a test account.  Go to one of the boards (Admin---> Boards) and modify it, placing the username for that test account in the field for "moderators".  Log in with that test account and look to see if you have moderator privileges when you access that board.

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Advertisement: