Absurd Behaviour of Themes

Started by techinspiration, September 25, 2010, 11:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techinspiration

Hi!
In my forum there are two problems happening same time.
1. In the modify theme section all the themes has disappeared except two default themes. Though all the themes are available and accessible.
2. I have modified the footer section manually in the indextemplate.php file, but its showing the default copyrights, I haven't removed any copyrights but added my own and a javascript, which was working previously but suddenly they stopped working.

Some information:
Before the problem occurs, I have installed Drafts (for SMF 2.0 / SMF 1.1), 6 Custom buttons / tabs with Sub Menus (4) these two mods. But when problem occured, I've uninstalled them and also I have upgraded my forum to RC3 once again due to some previous issue. But the problem is still occurinG!
:(
Tech-Support & SEO Forum
Job Informative  - Adsense Alternatives & Many More Business Opportunities

xenovanis

Your themes are accessible from your profile? Are there any errors in your log?

How about clearing your cache in Admin -> Maintenance -> Forum Maintenance -> Routine.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

techinspiration

yes I have tried by clearing cache but not worked!
and all themes are accessible, for example see my site http://www.techinspiration.in the used theme is not available at the Modify Themes section but still I'm using the theme. Even I have tried by installing a new theme, that also not appearing there. Now the only way to modify themes for me is to using a FTP client!
:( :( :(
Tech-Support & SEO Forum

xenovanis

So, after viewing the theme section, are there any errors in your errorlog?
Admin -> Maintenance -> Logs
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

techinspiration

Tech-Support & SEO Forum

xenovanis

The only reason I can think of is that the themefolder and or files aren't writable by SMF. In that case, the theme won't show in that section, since there's nothing to modify.

Check your folder and filepermissions for those themes and compare them with the permissions for the core theme.

How do I chmod? / what is chmod?

Advertisement: