News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

User Name to left of posts not linking

Started by FireDitto, September 26, 2010, 07:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireDitto

... I played around with a lot of different .php's today, and the CSS file, and as such I have literally no idea what I've managed to change, to make it so that the user's name to the left of posts is no longer a link.

There's also the possibility I did something in the general admin options, if that's actually able to happen.

>< Sorry to be of no help, but if anyone can help me get them back up as links, I would be very thankful.

=/
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Check whether you still got this in your Display.template.php // Show a link to the member's profile.
echo '
', $message['member']['link'], '
</h4>
<ul class="reset smalltext" id="msg_', $message['id'], '_extra_info">';

FireDitto

The lines of code given above is basically intact. So another place you must look is Display.php in the Sources folder. Something must have been changed there that make the lines of code shown above not to work. Can you provide us with your Display.php so we can check it out please?

FireDitto

Colour me completely and utterly baffled.

I forgot I had this thread open, because apparently, everything decided to work again...

I have absolutely no idea at all what happened - and/or 'unhappened' - in regards to the links not working.

They are, however, working once more.

Thank you for your help, ahrasis, all the same. I do appreciate it.

Sorry to be a bother =/

I am completely bewildered as to what I managed to do [and apparently undo] this time o_O;

Dont' worry. As from what I can see, you've been busy developing your forum and that could be the cause of being a little bit "forgetful". I will mark this as solved now. Feel free to reopen if you are in need of further assistance regarding this matter.

Advertisement: