Copyright Question

Started by IceXaos, September 26, 2010, 04:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceXaos

I know there's a MOD to remove/change the version shown in the footer, but is it legal?

I've added this:
    /* Forum Version */
    global $forum_version;
    $forum_version = 'SMF';

to the index template, and was just curious as to if it's allowed or not.  Given there's a published MOD to alter it, I would assume it is, but I'm just looking to double-check on it.

It used to be "SMF 2.0 RC3", which now shows as "SMF".

Kill Em All

Yes you are allowed to hide the version number, as long as the rest of the copyright stays in place.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

IceXaos

Yes, the rest is left unaltered.
Powered by SMF | SMF © 2006–2010, Simple Machines LLC

Kill Em All

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

IceXaos

Kindred

why did you change it in the index.template.php?

you can change it at the top of the forum's index.php and it will affect all themes
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

IceXaos

Quote from: Kindred on September 26, 2010, 05:57:26 PM
why did you change it in the index.template.php?

you can change it at the top of the forum's index.php and it will affect all themes
True, though we only use one theme, so I figured throw it in with the rest of the settings on got added to the theme, which I shouldn't say here because I'll probably be flamed for, but they are for good reason. :)

Advertisement: