News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Blog Support for RC 2.0?

Started by colby2152, September 27, 2010, 12:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colby2152

It appears that there is no blog support for RC 2.0.  I tried SMFBlog but that mod does not work for this version.  Any ideas?
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

Kill Em All

RC what, RC3?

Are you sure you downloaded the correct version?
SMFBlog_1-0.ForSMF2.0.zip

What do you mean by does not work?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

colby2152

Quote from: Kill Em All on September 27, 2010, 01:15:05 PM
RC what, RC3?

Are you sure you downloaded the correct version?
SMFBlog_1-0.ForSMF2.0.zip

What do you mean by does not work?

RC 2.0

1) When I post in a board that is connected to the blog, nothing appears in the blog except for an unlinked title.
2) I would like it in my front page which would involve using the Simple Portal mod but that does not work.  Nevertheless, that is independent of the first issue.
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

Oya

colby2152

Oya

then you should upgrade

there are apparently 40 or more security bugs in rc2

colby2152

Quote from: Oya on September 27, 2010, 04:20:35 PM
then you should upgrade

there are apparently 40 or more security bugs in rc2

That's another ball of wax.  I have been unable to upgrade from RC2 to RC3.  In fact, I receive an error every time I attempt to upload the package.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Strange. Error on uploading the upgrade package you say? That is not is host/server error and not SMF.

Blog mod? SimpleBlog should work with SMF 2.0 RC2 as well. If you need an advanced one, there is ADK Blog and PMXBlog Mod. Do search at the mod site.

colby2152

Quote from: ahrasis on September 27, 2010, 04:37:20 PM
Strange. Error on uploading the upgrade package you say? That is not is host/server error and not SMF.

Blog mod? SimpleBlog should work with SMF 2.0 RC2 as well. If you need an advanced one, there is ADK Blog and PMXBlog Mod. Do search at the mod site.

I can upload every other package except that one.

I think I know what happen. You might be trying to upgrade via package manager. It won't work that way. You have to upload the upgrade package via ftp or file manager to your root and replace your current files with the files in that package. After that you have to open your forumurl like this:

http://yourforumurl/upgrade.php

It certainly won't work like a mod. There is another way too. If you open your admin page, there is an info of your version on the right column. In there if your version is RC2, normally, there is an update button. Click that button to update to RC3.

Hope that will help you with the update from RC2 to RC3.

colby2152

Quote from: ahrasis on September 27, 2010, 04:56:38 PM
I think I know what happen. You might be trying to upgrade via package manager. It won't work that way. You have to upload the upgrade package via ftp or file manager to your root and replace your current files with the files in that package. After that you have to open your forumurl like this:

http://yourforumurl/upgrade.php

It certainly won't work like a mod. There is another way too. If you open your admin page, there is an info of your version on the right column. In there if your version is RC2, normally, there is an update button. Click that button to update to RC3.

Hope that will help you with the update from RC2 to RC3.

Blah, got it.. I was trying to do it via package manager.  I will test it out on my old site.  I have two domains, an old one and a new one, with each SMF forum pointed to the same database.  If I install the upgrade on the old forum, will it ruin the new one?  I have a good amount of mods (custom profile fields, simple portal) that I do not want to lose in this upgrade as well as a few code hacks to get everything working correctly for my theme.

Oya

upgrading removes everything in the sources and will probably break some mods too

should look for updated mods first really

Basically from RC2 to RC3 all the mod can be reinstalled back whether directly or by way of emulating the new RC3 to RC when using the package browser in you ACP. However, there is no guarantee that all of them might work especially the one you have manually installed. My advise is to copy your old forum to a test site with its database copied and set up as test database for the test forum too. Then test it there. If it is successful with all the mods you have installed, then use that as your new RC3 forum copy.

Advertisement: