News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

User's Unable To Register

Started by Xarcell, September 27, 2010, 05:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xarcell

SMF 2.0 RC3

I need help tracking down this problem. people are unable to register at my site, because none of the verification images appear. Listening to words doesn't work either, as it always says it's wrong.

I installed the reCAPTCHA for SMF mod awhile back. I later realized that no one could register with it either, it always said it was wrong. So i uninstalled it just fine. No errors, but now the default verification does not show.

It shows a broken image link.

I have many mod's installed. I did try uploading a fresh Subs-editor.php, and Register.php.

Any help with this?

xenovanis

What mods have you installed?

The most easy way would be installing a fresh forum on a different location on the same server, and add all mods one by one. After each install, check if the images are still showing. This will most likely reveal the mod that is causing you problems.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Xarcell

I have custom mod's installed, none at which should be effecting the verifcation except for the recaptcha, but that has been uninstalled successfully.

Xarcell

What directory are the verification images held, I cannot seem to locate it.

xenovanis

Quote from: Xarcell on September 28, 2010, 11:27:53 PM
What directory are the verification images held, I cannot seem to locate it.

Bear in mind that this doesn't have to be a captcha or registration related mod. For instance, any mod that makes changes to the way sessions are handled could cause the problem where your verificationcode doesn't match the one that is shown.

The images should be in /Themes/default/fonts, in the folders Candice, Hootie and President.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Xarcell

I'll check those folders...

Here is a list of my mod's installed:

1.     Member Awards    2.2.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.   SA Shop    0.4.7     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.   Ultimate Profile    0.9.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.   RSS Feeder    1.1.4     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.   SimpleXBL    1.0 RC2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.   Dream Portal    1.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.   RateThatTopic    2.2.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.   Aeva Media    2.02     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.   Highslide 4 SMF    0.5b     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.   reCAPTCHA for SMF    0.9.8   [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.   Avatar On Board RC2    2.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.   SimpleNav    0.5   [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

xenovanis

I can't tell you what mod could cause this, I'm afraid.

Quote from: xenovanis on September 28, 2010, 03:18:55 PM
The most easy way would be installing a fresh forum on a different location on the same server, and add all mods one by one. After each install, check if the images are still showing. This will most likely reveal the mod that is causing you problems.

Xarcell

I think I found the problem. It was Dream Portal. After I un-installed it, verification returned.

Thanks for your help.

xenovanis

Ah, good guess  :)

Are you going to report this on their site?

Xarcell

Quote from: xenovanis on September 29, 2010, 03:30:39 AM
Ah, good guess  :)

Are you going to report this on their site?

Yes, I am on the team there.

It seems to work fine in a un-released revision though. Anyway, reported...

xenovanis

Well, it needs attention for sure. Thanks for reporting back. I'll mark this solved for now.

Advertisement: