News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Hacked today

Started by sattninja, September 28, 2010, 09:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sattninja

ok my site got hacked today and my host has restored from a backup from the beginning of the month i have a full backup made from cpanel 2 days ago an have given it to my host they say they have restored it but all the info on my site is from sept 3rd so that is impossible i think they have restored the files but not the database so my ? is how can i restore my database from the full backup since i do not have a stand alone database backup which i will start doing from today forward

thanks for any help
Running Rc4

busterone

sattninja

i have tried that the problem is i have a complete backup not a standalone database backup i found the mysql folder and clicked import selected my file and it just never went anywhere the browser just kept sitting there
Running Rc4

Kill Em All

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

sattninja

thanks guys i got it i had to pull the database file out of the backup then use 7zip to zip it to a gzip format then imported it with my php admin and all seems to be fine now i did get some timezone error but everything seems to be restored so i am not gonna worry about it

thanks again
Running Rc4

busterone

sattninja

Quote from: busterone on September 29, 2010, 11:31:25 AM
Great news. Best of luck.
thanks man hey i love your theme which one is it if i can ask

thanks again
Running Rc4

busterone

Thanks, I like it myself as well. :)
IT is the Ultimate Playroom by Shortie

The light version is here at SMF, the Ultimate version is at his site- graphicsmayhem.com
The light version is one color only, the ultimate is a user selectable multicolor theme with 15 variations.

sattninja

thanks man i will check it out
Running Rc4

Advertisement: