Language Button Menu

Started by navarretemarce, October 01, 2010, 12:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sp4rd0se

oroedel

Before I mess everything I´m on 2.07 using HAVVO theme and getting this:

what I have to do, or not!?

Why the SMF team doesn´t implement this mod in the code!?
It´s a BASIC feature.

margarett

That happens because MODs are enforced to work with default theme only... There's no way a MOD author can support all themes out there.

Anyway, the adapt is really easy. If you check the failed edit in index.template.php, it can't find this:

<div id="upper_section" class="middletext"', empty($options['collapse_header']) ? '' : ' style="display: none;"', '>

Havvo doesn't have this line. But, if you check index.template.php for default theme, the line immediately after this one is:

<div class="user">';

And this line *DOES* exist in index.template.php for Havvo. So, just (manually) add the MOD code above that line, like this:

<div id="language_menu_wrapper">';
if(function_exists('show_language_menu')) show_language_menu();
echo'
        </div>
<div class="user">';

Install the MOD with the errors and there you go ;)

QuoteWhy the SMF team doesn´t implement this mod in the code!?
Feel free to open a Feature Request in the adequate board ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

oroedel

Thanks margarett, I installed the package and later modified the havvo/css/index.css and havvo/indextemplate.php, then copied the directories LanguageMenu and LanguageMenuImg in havvo/...
But it doesn´t shows nothing, only errors in the log:

Undefined index: language_menu_activate
Aplicar Filtro: Mostrar apenas erros deste ficheiro
Ficheiro: ...forum/Sources/Subs-LanguageMenu.php
Linha: 67

margarett

Not sure why, sorry...

I installed the MOD by selecting the theme even with errors then later put that change in index.template.php only.
Maybe you missed some edit, don't know...

Maybe you can revert your changes in Havvo, uninstall the MOD and then reinstall it like I did?

Also, remember you need to activate the MOD. There is settings page for it under "Modification Settings". Does it work with default theme?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

oroedel

Stupid I. I didn´t saw the admin menu.
Looking at the php scripts I realized their was something... And then I saw your message.

Ok, thanks, it´s working now.

No more errors!

glennmckenna

Quote from: oroedel on February 18, 2014, 10:02:09 AM
Stupid I. I didn´t saw the admin menu.
Looking at the php scripts I realized their was something... And then I saw your message.

Ok, thanks, it´s working now.

No more errors!
may i ask what version of smf are you running and do you get these errors ?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=503129.msg3538627#msg3538627

Julian F

Hello, i have install this mod but when some one change the language... will change to all users not only for him. It is any mode to change the language only for him not for all? Thank you.

oroedel

Sorry glennmckenna
I saw you post only today. There is no error at all. Works fine. SMF version is 2.09.

Dream of Omnimaga

There seems to be a problem with this mod:

If I change my language via the dropdown, it changes everyone else's too. Basically, if I switch to French, then every forum member will end up with the board in French too.

tranhiep_116

OCJ

Forum language changing after login (opposite of settings).

I have had this problem for a few years but  put up with it, hoping it would go away but it wont. It happens with different templates.

The forum has default language English and just one other, Japanese. My browser is set to default English and SMF also in my profile.
When I log in (and other foreign users) the forum switches language to Japanese. Pretty annoying if you are not Japanese and have to keep switching it back. It doesn't happen every time though.

I wondered if it was caused by a mod for website meta-data which had a setting for site languages. It was uninstalled a long time ago and  all the site files have been changed since then at least 3 times. There are a couple of entries in the database so wondering what this mod adds to the database. Whether its correct or the meta data mod changed something there.

Or something with cookies?
Last time I checked it was doing it on other browsers but at the moment I'm using the latest Firefox.
Any idea why the site language would change that way after login?
Andy

Winock

I´m verry sorry but today i just setup my first smf installation and your mod is my first, but somehowe i see nothing on my board for choosing language

NicoleSi

Hello to all,

i have the Nebula Theme from smfpacks and the Language Menu is not being displayed at all...

Any help would be appreciated!!

NicoleSi

Quote from: TanjaS on November 16, 2017, 09:40:14 AM
Hello to all,

i have the Nebula Theme from smfpacks and the Language Menu is not being displayed at all...

Any help would be appreciated!!

Hello again,

i figguered it out  :)

I added

<div id="upper_section" class="middletext"', empty($options['collapse_header']) ? '' : ' style="display: none;"', '>';
if(function_exists('show_language_menu')) show_language_menu();
echo'
</div>

in the  index.template.php

Best Regards

Advertisement: