News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF Version error?

Started by Uchiha, October 02, 2010, 02:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uchiha

Well, i update my SMF forum from 1.1.11 to 2.0RC3, but when i go to the admin panel, in the area where says your SMF Version and the current version in Simplemachines, i have this error.

Version Info:
Forum Version: SMF 2.0 RC3
Current SMF Version: SMF 1.1.11

Is this OK?, thanks a lot for read, regards.
Sorry For My Bad English, I Dont Speak Good, But I Try

gbsothere

Uchiha, no, it's not Okay.   :)

May I ask how you updated?

I would do it again, simply because the files needed to have been in place, when you did.

You need to have downloaded the entire RC3 "LARGE" upgrade zip.  Then, you want to open the zip and open the folder inside.  Using an ftp application (like FILEZILLA) you want to move all the files inside the RC3 folder over to your forum's folder on your server.  Move every one of them to their proper directories.  Then you want to make all those files and directories on your server writable, so make permissions settings:  755 for folders and 644 for files.  Then, make sure you upload the upgrade.php file and all the included sql files into your forum's main folder and point your browser to upgrade.php.  (Example:  if you forum is at mywebsite.com/forum, then you would point your browser:  mywebsite.com/forum/upgrade.php).  Then continue with the installation.

Try it again and let us know if you have any issues.

:)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Oya

before that...

try admin > maintenance > scheduled tasks > tick in the run now box for 'fetch simple machines files' and hit run now

Uchiha

Quote from: gbsothere on October 02, 2010, 02:44:29 PM
Uchiha, no, it's not Okay.   :)

May I ask how you updated?

I would .....
I do this, but you can see the error

Quote from: Oya on October 02, 2010, 11:34:39 PM
before that...

try admin > mai.....

Yeah, sometimes when i do that the "current version" change to SMF 2.0 RC3, but two or tree days later the version returns to 1.1.11

Uchiha

Someone have any idea what can i do?

xenovanis

Do you have caching enabled?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Uchiha

Quote from: xenovanis on October 08, 2010, 09:13:59 AM
Do you have caching enabled?

I don't know, where i can check that?, thanks.

xenovanis

Admin -> Configuration -> Server Settings -> Caching
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Uchiha

DoctorMalboro

xenovanis

In Admin -> Maintenance -> Forum Maintenance -> Routine, could you empty the cache files? We'll have to wait a bit to see if it works.  ;)

Uchiha

Quote from: DoctorMalboro on October 09, 2010, 03:03:13 PM
The upgrade went fine?
Yes, everithing is ok, just this.

Quote from: xenovanis on October 09, 2010, 03:29:15 PM
In Admin -> Maintenance -> Forum Maintenance -> Routine, could you empty the cache files? We'll have to wait a bit to see if it works.  ;)
Well, the problem here is, when i clean the chache files and run all mainteneance tasks the "Current Version" change to 2.0 RC3, but two or three days later returns to 1.1.11.<

xenovanis

How large is your forum? You might want to consider disabling cache.

Honestly, I have seen this issue before, but as a one time thing. I have no idea why it would return every couple of days  :-\

DoctorMalboro

Mmm... could you attach your Index.php file that is in the root directory of your forum.

Uchiha

Quote from: DoctorMalboro on October 09, 2010, 04:03:13 PM
Mmm... could you attach your Index.php file that is in the root directory of your forum.
No thanks, i prefeer to keep the problem before attach my forum files.
Quote from: xenovanis on October 09, 2010, 03:58:06 PM
How large is your forum? You might want to consider disabling cache.

Honestly, I have seen this issue before, but as a one time thing. I have no idea why it would return every couple of days  :-\
it's small, 300-users and no more than 2000 topics, but daily visits up to 5,000

DoctorMalboro

Index.php doesn't have any personal information from your hosting or anything weird in it. I just wanted to see something, but it's fine.

xenovanis

Could you try disabling cache for a while and see if that helps?

Uchiha

Quote from: DoctorMalboro on October 10, 2010, 07:55:37 AM
Index.php doesn't have any personal information from your hosting or anything weird in it. I just wanted to see something, but it's fine.
maybe your index.php don't have info, but mine have it, I add some codes in the index,php because my web is not a simple forum, i made an entire system with it.
Quote from: xenovanis on October 10, 2010, 02:39:27 PM
Could you try disabling cache for a while and see if that helps?
OK, i'll try it and comeback to tell you what happens, but, this will don't have any consecuence for my visitors?, if my website are slow the people will never come back later XD

xenovanis

If your forum isn't that big, it should be fine.

Advertisement: