News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Need A Mod To Show More Than one Membergroup at once on...

Started by Rs Bots Pro, October 03, 2010, 01:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rs Bots Pro

like the title says, i am in search of a mod that shows all the membergroups that a member is in when in this view on a post like this :-

This is how it is now

This is how i want it to be

So i want multiple membergroup images to show

BUT i dont want the text to show above it...

UPDATED
Found this mod:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2485
REMOVED MEMBER GROUP TITLE IN TOPIC VIEW

now i just need to be able to see multiple membergroup icons in topic view

IceXaos

I don't know of any for the post settings, but you could always do it yourself if you're familiar with PHP at all.  You could just make an array and use a foreach to grab the image url if their in that group.

You'll need foreach, in_array, and echo - that's about it.  You can look it up on PHP.net if you don't know, or you can hope there's a MOD.

*Trying not to get on a /b/ topic here...* lol

Rs Bots Pro

Quote from: IceXaos on October 03, 2010, 01:59:10 PM
I don't know of any for the post settings, but you could always do it yourself if you're familiar with PHP at all.  You could just make an array and use a foreach to grab the image url if their in that group.

You'll need foreach, in_array, and echo - that's about it.  You can look it up on PHP.net if you don't know, or you can hope there's a MOD.

*Trying not to get on a /b/ topic here...* lol

=[ i have 0 experince of php unfortunatly, if your familiar could you help or maybe recomend someone who could who is online ?

ty :)

Oya

like Stars and Badges ?

and before anyone complains that it doesn't work on rc3 have a read of the 'support and comments' last page or so as there's probably an rc3 version there

Rs Bots Pro

Quote from: Oya on October 03, 2010, 02:16:20 PM
like Stars and Badges ?

and before anyone complains that it doesn't work on rc3 have a read of the 'support and comments' last page or so as there's probably an rc3 version there

maybe :D does this enable showing all the groups a member is in at once ? instead of just the latest group there in ?

for example if someone is in one group and then they become a supporter and then as it stands now when looking at them in posts you only see the most recent membergroup they were added to

EDIT: just installed and got a whole host of errors... 8 in total out of 12 files tested..... Help ?

Oya

well the description on the page i linked tells you what it does.......

as for problems, did you read the support and comments page? you would do better asking there, btw

IceXaos

Can we have a link to your site?  I'm just curious to see who the new competition is. lol

Rs Bots Pro

Quote from: Oya on October 03, 2010, 03:09:02 PM
well the description on the page i linked tells you what it does.......
as for problems, did you read the support and comments page? you would do better asking there, btw

i read through the first ten pages then skipped to the last where 10 people have posted to no response =/

i just made a back up and im guna try to install it anyway, il let you know ina bit

Rs Bots Pro

Quote from: IceXaos on October 03, 2010, 03:12:07 PM
Can we have a link to your site?  I'm just curious to see who the new competition is. lol

site is basic and just there for navigation for now till i release my flash website. the forums are using the standard default 2.0 theme as its the most compatible i believe, but saying that the old forums looked utterly crap.

http://www.rsbotspro.net/Forum/index.php

IceXaos

IceXaos

If nobody helps ya, I will in a bit here.  I'll need a test account on your site, with permissions to view every group, and their rankbars.  I'm not sure if they show in the list or not for the legend, so I may need an admin account, but you can check on that if you'd like.

I gotta do a few other things, then I'll be here to do that quick.

Rs Bots Pro

Quote from: IceXaos on October 03, 2010, 03:42:16 PM
If nobody helps ya, I will in a bit here.  I'll need a test account on your site, with permissions to view every group, and their rankbars.  I'm not sure if they show in the list or not for the legend, so I may need an admin account, but you can check on that if you'd like.

i have a test account to view what you need, the stars and badges mod just ******ED my forum so thankyou for that. Slowed it right down to not working as well as not showing any of the options advertised. so uninstalled it and the page doesnt evenn load luckily i took a backup before so im deleting and re-uploading now...

win..

2880 files to go

IceXaos

Quote from: Rs Bots Pro on October 03, 2010, 03:54:44 PM

i have a test account to view what you need, the stars and badges mod just ******ED my forum so thankyou for that. Slowed it right down to not working as well as not showing any of the options advertised. so uninstalled it and the page doesnt evenn load luckily i took a backup before so im deleting and re-uploading now...

win..

2880 files to go
You cannot blame him because it didn't work correctly.  It's an official MOD, and used on quite a few forums, so it was an issue specific to your board.

Rs Bots Pro

Quote from: IceXaos on October 03, 2010, 03:57:43 PM
Quote from: Rs Bots Pro on October 03, 2010, 03:54:44 PM

win..

2880 files to go
You cannot blame him because it didn't work correctly.  It's an official MOD, and used on quite a few forums, so it was an issue specific to your board.
was not directly a hit at that member just annoyed me for a second, on we go.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Advertisement: