[SOLVED] Can I use "Paid Subscriptions" as a "nonPay timer" for group rights?

Started by JohanLM, October 04, 2010, 12:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohanLM

Can I use "Paid Subscriptions" as a "nonPay timer" for group rights?
Basicly I want the option to give people (lets say) 30 days of access to specific pages and rooms, but I do not want them the have to pay for it.
As I "tag" the person and the 30 day countdown clock starts and then it auto.shuts them out and I have to reset it again.

Is this possible?
I suspect/guess I can just set the cost as 0, but can I "tag" any person as I see fit?
+
if someone could direct me to the place I can read more about this function (as in how I apply it to pages/rooms + more) I would greatly appricate it. :)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Yes you can use it in this way, but your best bet would probably be to set the cost so high that no-one will buy it by accident,
and then manually set subscriptions for people through

Admin --> Members --> Paid subscriptions --> (your subscription name) --> Add subscription

The "Add subscription" function lets you manually assign people with customized subscription lengths, to any subscription group you have created.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

JohanLM

Thanks alot LexArma, that help alot + extra thanks for the tip . :)

Is there anywhere I can read more about this?
I'm curious if there is anyway I can "lock" it down totaly for people so they never can "pay" and I am the only one that can "tag" them as a subscriber.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You know, I haven't tried how it actually behaves if you don't activate the subscription AND put people in it...
You could test of course, since you can have subscription groups that are not active. ( Not available for purchase that is )
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Tanks

You can do it this way:

1. activate paid subscriptions on your forum
2 create a subscription but dont tick the box Active
3 manually add members to this subscription

If any member goes to profile > Paid subscription they will see an error that there is no active subscriptions available ;)

Good luck

Advertisement: