News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Header corrupt - Uninstalled Modifications Still Show

Started by OzarksReef, October 04, 2010, 10:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OzarksReef

I had Chat (Ajax) and SMF Gallery installed, but have since uninstalled and deleted them.  The links to these apps still show in the header though.  Is there a way to rebuild the header so they no longer show up?

gbsothere

I keep stopping on my way to bed.  *grin*

Can I just ask for a link to your forum, so we can see what it looks like?
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

gbsothere

I'm seeing a chat button.  Would a guest be able to see the gallery button?  (I'm not seeing that.)

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

OzarksReef

I think you have to be signed in to see the gallery -

gbsothere

Can you attach your Subs.php on your next post?  (In your forum's folder, it's in Sources).

OzarksReef

Fixed that - set it so guests can see gallery - the modification was disable and uninstalled, but the config options still show in the admin panel...

OzarksReef

Here 'tis

gbsothere

While I'm waiting to look at your Subs.php, I want to mention that the gallery is more "installed" than "uninstalled".  Clicking on the button takes me to the image categories.

gbsothere

Okay, now, the edits to create both buttons are in your Subs.php and all of the gallery's edits are still there.  How did you go about uninstalling them?  Was it through the package manager and, if so, did you get any failed test errors?

OzarksReef

It's been awhile since they were uninstalled - I think I did it through the admin "packages" panel.  I don't remember getting any errors reported.

gbsothere

Okay.  I can attach your Subs.php without the edits and it should make the buttons go away, but, really, this is what I would do, OzarksReef... I would go to both mod's pages:

Chat

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1319

and Gallery

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=473

One at a time, I would click next to the zip you downloaded, set the pulldown to RC1.2 click Parse to view the files edits and to see the edits, themselves.  I would pull those files from my server (well, I'd make backup copies, first), then I would check each file for any mod's "left over" code.  Otherwise, you'll probably end up spewing errors.

Here's that Subs.php, if you want to upload it and see if the buttons go away.  You may have to force refresh the page.

:)

OzarksReef

Thanks for your quick help on this - I'll try checking the mod pages!

gbsothere

Quote from: OzarksReef on October 04, 2010, 10:34:33 PM
Thanks for your quick help on this - I'll try checking the mod pages!

I'll stand by to see if those buttons go away.

:)

gbsothere

Ah.... I see they have!

Good luck with the edit search, OzarksReef.  Happy hunting!   ;)

*heading off to bed*

Advertisement: