Need help SSI.php function [boardNews Error]

Started by master257, October 04, 2010, 10:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

master257

Well I had to switch servers so i migrated my boards over and now im having problems with the ssi_boardNews function ;( its basically leaving out /forums/ from the image link (the post icon) and from the topic link..

Kindred

when you switched forums, did you a) run repair_settings.php and b) change the directory calling for SSI.php in your custom script?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

master257

well i figured it was only calling from the root dir - so it would b elike "forums/SSI.php"

Kindred

try using an absolute path....  (i.e. /home/mysite/www/forum/SSI.php)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

master257

I tried changing it to the root dir.. didnt work.. still the same problem this is mind boggling.. Hate to transfer forums from one place to another..

another example.. myweburl.com/index.php?topic=90.0 [nofollow] is what its doing but its supposed to be myweburl.com/forums/index.php?topic=90.0 [nofollow]

Kindred

it sounds like you may have the configuration in your SMF to be wrong...   Confirm that all of your paths and URLs are correct in SMF admin.
Слaва
Украинi

master257

I used the repair_settings.php file to change the directories... everything else seems to be working fine but this ssi function

Kindred

well, then either your include of SSI is wrong, of you still have a bad path listed somewhere....
Слaва
Украинi

master257

if my include of SSI was wrong, my website will not load -
ive changed the following:

Forum URL
Forum Directory
Sources Directory
Attachment Directory
Smileys URL
Smileys Directory
Default Theme URL
Default Theme Images URL
Default Theme Directory

Kindred

what is your actual website url?

where is SSI actually located?

what is the directory of the page where you are calling SSI?
Слaва
Украинi

master257

URL atm (cause i havent set the domain yet) is: 69.167.190.161
SSI is located: www/html/forums/
directory is of index.php is: www/html/

includes for index is: "forums/SSI.php"

Kindred

Well, see
http://69.167.190.161/forums/ssi_examples.php

all of the links from there are correct.

Something is screwy in your root...   maybe you have an .htaccess that is misconfigured?

type the include with the ABSOLUTE path....something like /home/mysite/www/html/forums/SSI.php
Слaва
Украинi

master257

well I tried the absolute includes and its the same result.. Im going to try to look for things in the apache or something... and there is no .htaccess file so Xd

EDIT: im going to try to reinstall SMF... but its going to be a real pain if i cant use my backup.. sigh

EDIT EDIT: Seems its not a forums problem but an httpd problem.. sigh.. now i have to somehow fix this with no idea how lol

Kindred

well, the strange thing is that the ssi_examples.php file worked just fine, in the forum directory.... (although you seem to have removed it now)
Слaва
Украинi

master257

Yeah I was doing some testing and am restoring again.. it seems my httpd(apache) is having problems ...

Kindred

so, this is a server problem?  Can we mark it as solved then?
Слaва
Украинi

master257

Well my solution to the problem is going to be changing the boardNews function in SSI.php :P cant find the source of the error so, but thanks for the help!

May aswell mark it solved

Kindred

changing it to what?   When I checked your ssi_examples file, it was displaying correctly....
Слaва
Украинi

master257

Im going to have to make it manually add the forums/ to it, because i cant seem to find the problem anywhere :/

Advertisement: