News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

New members require posts to be approved

Started by mclarenf1, October 05, 2010, 07:24:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mclarenf1

Hi all, and first congrats to the SMF team on a job well done :)

I have managed to enable the feature that all posts must be approved by a moderator before being visible on the forum, but what i want is that only the first 10 posts or so by a new member  require moderator approval, after they they can post at will.

thanks in advance.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I am not sure about moderator approval but you can go to ACP > Configuration > Security and Moderation > Anti Spam

Post count under which users must pass verification to make a post (fill in the minimum number before the verification goes off).

This is one of the default way available in SMF 2.0.

sAce

Enable Post count group permissions

and make a new group for 10 posts, so after making 10 posts the user will be moved to 2nd post group will not have to be moderated

mclarenf1

Quote from: S-Ace on October 05, 2010, 07:38:33 AM
Enable Post count group permissions

and make a new group for 10 posts, so after making 10 posts the user will be moved to 2nd post group will not have to be moderated

Thanks, could you pls point me in the direction of where i'd find these options...I'm only 2 days on SMF and still a bit lost in the sea of choices....thanks

sAce

1. MAke a new post group - Membergroups

2. ACP > members > permissions > Settings > "Enable permissions for post count based groups"

3. Asuming that you have enabled post approval from core features, go to  " Post moderation " under " Permissions"

YOu will now see the Post count groups in the list, give out appropriate permissions and save.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: S-Ace on October 05, 2010, 07:51:08 AM
3. Asuming that you have enabled post approval from core features, go to  " Post moderation " under " Permissions"
This is not enabled by default. You have to enable it first. ACP > Configuration > Core Features > Post Moderation

Click the button on the right so it turns green. Click save button on the bottom right.

Then you go there to ACP > Members > Permission > Post Moderation (is now available)

Choose this for your new created group as suggested S-Ace.

mclarenf1

Quote from: S-Ace on October 05, 2010, 07:51:08 AM
1. MAke a new post group - Membergroups

2. ACP > members > permissions > Settings > "Enable permissions for post count based groups"

YOu will now see the Post count groups in the list, give out appropriate permissions and save.

It doesn't seem to work - newbie members can still post and it does not pass through the moderation filter. Attached is a screenshot of the 'Post Moderation' page. Is all in order ?

mclarenf1

Fixed : I checked 'Can create but requires approval' under 'regular members' (as well as the subtypes) and it works now.

Advertisement: