News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Membergroups = Guest and non Subs can see but not view

Started by NeilT, October 05, 2010, 07:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilT

Greetings.

I am setting up a new SMF forum, and so far so good, pleased to say. Alas, I am running into a real headache, with regards to Membergroups.

I have a category, that has two forums in it, these are "public" so any one can see, and view the forums, but only when registered can add to the threads.

I have another catergory, but I want this to be more private, I want guest and registered users to be able to see category set up, but want to restrict the actual reading of messages, and also the reply option, to paid for subscribers.
I have spent an age searching for a solution, and have now trying here to see if anyone can help me

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

NeilT

Thanks Kindred, that is the sort of thing that I am after.

I am running SMF 2.0 RC3 and that mod is not compatable . Is there any other options?

Many thanks

xenovanis

View the support thread for the mod:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=354184.100

At page 6 is a solution posted on how to make it work with RC3.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

NeilT

Advertisement: