News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

bitcoin mod

Started by Stirling7, October 05, 2010, 11:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stirling7

How about a mod to accept bitcoins as donations? 
For those of you who aren't familiar with hxxp:bitcoin.org [nonactive],  it is an open source P2P cybercurrency that is ideal for micro payments as the transaction costs are almost zero.  A donation mod that accepts bitcoins would allow forum owners to monetize their community in increments as small as 5 cents or less.

You can read more about bitcoin at:
hxxp:www.bitcoin.org [nonactive]

420Connect.co.uk

apologies for bumping old topics, but thought this might have been made since the OP posted.. does anyone know of one?
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Night09

I dont think it has been done but id guess you would have to have a page to input a wallet to use and transact from.

I think it would take one of the better coders to ensure its safe to use and not hackable if attacked due to its nature.

s3cc0

While waiting for a specific mod, there are a bunch ready-to-use widgets that can be added in two clicks and allow you to collect bitcoin donations.

One is: http://coinwidget.com/ (it is free and open source)
Hacker, Pirate, Milf Hunter, Owner of Bitcoin Garden Forum

PLAYBOY

yeah but I dont want to show any ads of another site in my donation widget

razors edge

I hate to bump and old thread like this but the search function did not show me any other choices. By chance is their a mod that supports bitcoin donation like some of the paypal donation mods?

Advertisement: