News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Member Sign-Up mail. (and another thing)

Started by Xylar2, October 06, 2010, 11:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xylar2

One of my users is getting an e-mail every time someone signs up. While this wasn't a problem for a long time, we are now getting 10+ members a day, and he is getting annoyed. He has looked in every setting and can't find anything, I have looked down the group permissions, settings and his profile and can't find anything either.

Can anyone help me turn it off?

I also have another problem. I remember changing where my site redirected you to when you logged in, however this page has changed (always giving a 404 when I log in) and I've forgotten where to change it. This is very discouraging for members as they aren't tech savvy and therefore never make it to the forums to actually post.

I'd like to know where the string is that contains where to redirect.

Thanks in advance for both problems

xenovanis

Quote from: Xylar2 on October 06, 2010, 11:04:20 AM
One of my users is getting an e-mail every time someone signs up. While this wasn't a problem for a long time, we are now getting 10+ members a day, and he is getting annoyed. He has looked in every setting and can't find anything, I have looked down the group permissions, settings and his profile and can't find anything either.

Can anyone help me turn it off?

Try this:
Profile -> Modify Profile -> Notifications:
Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email. -> uncheck

Quote from: Xylar2 on October 06, 2010, 11:04:20 AM
I also have another problem. I remember changing where my site redirected you to when you logged in, however this page has changed (always giving a 404 when I log in) and I've forgotten where to change it. This is very discouraging for members as they aren't tech savvy and therefore never make it to the forums to actually post.

I'd like to know where the string is that contains where to redirect.

Is this the website from your profile? It doesn't load for me at all.

We'll need to know some more about your site layout. From what part of the forum are they logging in if they get redirected. Or are you using a custom page with ssi?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Xylar2

That's already unchecked :/
However, I did find this:
QuoteApproval Notifications
Send out emails to all moderators summarizing posts awaiting approval.    Today at 08:00:00 PM    Starting at 00:00, repeating every 2 hour(s)
While looking through the scheduled tasks. He is a moderator, so is it possible he is receiving the e-mail about activating the new members?

I haven't been on this account for a while, my new address is at http://www.fl-games.co.uk/forum/index.php. It happens when I use either the quick login or the standard login. However, oddly, it redirects to the forum index when I use my SSI login in the sidebar here.

xenovanis

Well, I wasn't sure if it's possible to disable this for individual users. I'm afraid it's not then.

You can disable these announcements in Admin -> Members -> Registration -> Settings -> Notify administrators when a new member joins

For your redirection, start with looking at /Sources/LogInOut.php. If it isn't there, the templatefiles Login.template.php and BoardIndex.template.php might be the place to look.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Xylar2

Ok, thanks for solving the first problem  ;D

I have looked through these, but couldn't find what I was looking for. I tweaked a few stuff, and if I disable my .htaccess 404 error redirect it logs in normally. Now I know it's not to do with SMF but .htaccess. However now I don't have my cool 404 page xP
This is turning into such a dilemma. I'll leave it off for now, to prevent losing any more members. Thanks for the help so far, but would you happen to know anything about .htaccess 404 pages? It's no problem if you don't.

xenovanis

Personally not really. Have you tried Google?

Or, stick around until someone smarter then me offers a suggestion  ;)

Xylar2

Ok, thanks anyway. I'll mark this as solved and google it ;)

Advertisement: